• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Some prefer cycling on hills as at least they get a rest. If the downhill sections are straight its not too bad. Unless you are built like MTT. What sort of time do you do 100 miles in? I would go for about 7 hours myself - assuming I did it as part of normal training and did not do carb loading or anything.

Careful what you wish for! I believe the end of the week will get sunnier and hence colder. Any sign of any flooding near you?
    Flooding everywhere; the levels are actually like one big lake at the moment. We went out on the canoes on Sat but getting to them was a bit of a mare. On Sunday, the flooding was so bad, we couldn't even wade through with our 4x4.

Riding: if I head east, it's a good 6.5/7 hours, if I go west and onto the levels, about 5, maybe 5.5 if its blowy, as it is flatter than Keira Knightleys bosom and I can average a good 20mph. Once did 50 miles in 2 hours, but that was a windlass, cool day and the levels were gloriously empty and, as it says on the tin, level...

Comment

I do 0 hours of exercise (well I walk the 1 mile from my digs to workplace and back on Tue-Thurs but that's about it).

I really must do something. I used to jog, but I never improved and could never jog the whole of any distance (I think I managed not walking part of the way for 1 mile once).

Mr C despairs, but I just don't like exercise.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

yeah - I'll just flick a switch and it will all be fine. Or do you have any tips?
        It is like a switch funny thing I don't need to get motivated anymore, I'm always motivated. Back in the days where I struggled with motivation I had an old pic of myselft where I look not so great any time I felt like giving up I looked at that pic and that did it for me.

Other things such as setting short and long term goals help too, such as by January to be at a certain weight, level of bf% or to beat PB's.

What did it for me was I decided I'm not going to try to lose weight anymore, strange I know but I am now 7kg heavier but in much better shape and I've changed my lifestyle instead of trying to diet etc
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I really must do something. I used to jog, but I never improved and could never jog the whole of any distance (I think I managed not walking part of the way for 1 mile once).
          But then you hardly need to lose weight. Is there no sport you like? Swimming? Cycling? Netball?

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Other things such as setting short and long term goals help too, such as by January to be at a certain weight, level of bf% or to beat PB's.
          I just want to feel better and not tired the whole time. When I recently struggled with motivation I promised myself I would do part of my goal - maybe half - and see how it went. But I was so tired at half the goal I stopped and then it becomes the routine.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Mr C despairs, but I just don't like exercise.
            Ever considered something more fun like Zumba or maybe Kickboxing etc? That way it's easier to stick to if you're enjoying it
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I just want to feel better and not tired the whole time. When I recently struggled with motivation I promised myself I would do part of my goal - maybe half - and see how it went. But I was so tired at half the goal I stopped and then it becomes the routine.
              Have you considered trying something else? It sounds like you're just wearing yourself out
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Ever considered something more fun like Zumba or maybe Kickboxing etc? That way it's easier to stick to if you're enjoying it
                I found I lots more weight and got fitter by doing something I enjoyed.

Never been enthused by the gym or classes.

But one size does not fit all.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I actually dislike exercise, but enjoy the feeling I get post exercise.

To maintain fitness, I have to set myself goals, aims if you like, like brillo. This year is a 500 mile ride, followed by a 30 mile canoe trip. I couldn't keep fit if I had to go to the gym all the time. I do that on gigs away from home, as a fillup for what could become relentless boredom, but no, hate gyms.

Comment

5 years ago I weighed in at a mighty 20 stone. Realised I had to do something about it and now come in at around 13.5stone. During that time I have completed my first traithlon for Epilepsy Research.

There is no shortcut or quick and easy way to lose weight. You have to keep shocking the body through new excersises and keep the metabolism firing by eating 6 small meals a day.

If you have not tried interval running, I would give it a go as it keeps things challenging:

5 fat-burning running programmes :: Men's Health

Also, do not shy away from the weights room.

If you have any specific questions pm me and I will do my best to help.

Comment

Have you considered trying something else? It sounds like you're just wearing yourself out
                      Well I am doing a combination of swimming, cycling and running. I do the odd gym session of rowing, I also do a few minutes of pilates and weights most days.

The problem with most other sports is they do my back in. Something like Zumba is impossible.

Plus I still have iron man hopes - though they are fading.

Comment

Working...
                      X