• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid Life Crisis - Gumball Rally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    £25000 per car this year (for two entrants) and £11000 per extra person.

I think there's more money to be made setting up a concrete block stall on each bridge along the route and charging $5 per throw.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Of course it's a Rock 'N' Roll driving event but split between a couple of contractors it's only two months invoices each.

Who's up for it????
      Blimey you must be on a low rate if it requires 2 months invoicing...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I thought about this a few years ago, and found that the Cannonball was much cheaper (around £4 - 5K per car from memory) - See Cannonball Run Europe, Car Rally, European, car, event

Not quite as prestigious as the Gumball but looks like good fun. I had a big power Skyline GTR at the time, and a friend had a 355, so tried to persuade him to use that for the qudos. He said it would be lucky to make it out of the UK without breaking down - You can always rely on the Datsun...

Comment

A less poncy way of doing this type of thing is to get into doing track days (assuming you have a suitable car, though even old bangers can be fun as you don't care as much about crashing) then go on road trips to foreign circuits, all organised by the track day company.

As the distances on the continent are usually quite large, and the timescale usually involves a long weekend, it naturally turns into an unofficial race to get there and back.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
          X