• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheater dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    One of the perils of quoting Wikipedia is that it's edited by the general public, and they're morons. The chimp in the paragraph you quote is not the chimp that just died; you'll note that at the start of the paragraph he's living in California, yet by the end he's in Florida. Two different chimps, one imbecile ******* things up editing Wikipedia.

The BBC makes it clear that they are two different chimps. In fact, since you quoted it, Wikipedia has been fixed and now has the correct one recorded as dying.

Whatever the true facts, nonetheless a sad day
    Both Cheeta-Mike and Cheeta died on 24/12/2011 according to the Wiki and one of them (Cheeta) has a link to where it says Cheeta died during the week of 19 December, 2011 of kidney failure [12] at the age of 51[citation needed]. So they died on the same day and on different days.

I'm sceptical that a chimp can live to 80, especially one who smoked until recently.

Comment

Interesting take on the matter from Mia Farrow:
      Cheetah the chimp in Tarzan movies died this week at 80. My mom, who played Jane, invariably referred to Cheetah as "that bastard".

Last edited by NickFitz; 28 December 2011, 16:27.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Interesting take on the matter from Mia Farrow:
        Cheetah the chimp in Tarzan movies died this week at 80. My mom, who played Jane, invariably referred to Cheetah as "that bastard".

And a later tweet:

Twitter
        Sorry Cheetah fans - I mistakenly thought hehad just died- in fact it was awhile ago.

Comment

Working...
        X