• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eternalnomad
    Lets take a look at Japan from 1980 to 2005. After 25 years commencing in 1980 house prices in Japan finish exactly where they started.
    Wrong. Possibly.

I can't be bothered to find the data to be sure but in YEN terms housing in japan was worth about the same in 2005 as it was in 1980. But during this period Japan [probably] suffered overall deflation. Thus there was probably still a positive uplift in that the purchasing power of said money had increased due to deflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
      Mortgages? FFS we're contractors aren't we? What do you want to saddle yourself with a mortgage for? They are for permies, surely....
      Is this because we're contractors, ergo 'loadsamoney' boors with such a large pile of cash that we never stoop to borrowing? Or is there a mortgage alternative borrowing solution I'm not thinking about?

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
        I didn't realise houses in Swindon had windows.
        I didn't realise Swindon had houses. Now why would someone wish to live there?

Comment

Working...
        X