• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    Inflation is everywhere and we're told it's to ward off deflation. Just doublespeak.
    This isn't actually inflation. At least according to Freamon.

More money in your pocket is though.

Hence there is no inflation, and Freamon is actually Sir Merv for which I claim freshly printed £5 pound note.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Two rounds
      At least.

Comment

This isn't actually inflation. At least according to Freamon.

More money in your pocket is though.

Hence there is no inflation, and Freamon is actually Sir Merv for which I claim freshly printed £5 pound note.
        It is a crying shame that just a select chosen few get to reap the rewards of printing. Why can't we all print money willy nilly and enjoy its succulent and delicious bounteous fruit?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Why can't we all print money willy nilly and enjoy its succulent and delicious bounteous fruit?
          The reason is the same as why not everybody gets knighted.

HTH

Comment

The reason is the same as why not everybody gets knighted.

HTH
            Cash for honours? (or in this case honours for cash)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Cash for honours? (or in this case honours for cash)
              Nope, if everybody was knighted it would not be special anymore.

Comment

Nope, if everybody was knighted it would not be special anymore.
                Anymore Knighthoods have been a joke for some time IMO

Comment

Check the news and see how many of the articles refer to "your" kind of inflation and how many to what most people normally associated it with, ie prices:

inflation - Google Search
                  Newspapers are never wrong?

How many articles in 2007 referred to an upcoming financial crisis?
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    Newspapers are never wrong?
                    Look idiot, I am referring to a common usage of a particular term - inflation almost always is associated with prices, especially when it comes to ordinary people paying their bills because most give a FOOK about inflation in price of super expensive yachts or whatever definition of inflation is in your head, got it?

Comment

Look idiot, I am referring to a common usage of a particular term - inflation almost always is associated with prices, especially when it comes to ordinary people paying their bills because most give a FOOK about inflation in price of super expensive yachts or whatever definition of inflation is in your head, got it?
                      I know what you were referring to, I was just pointing out that the most common usage is, in fact, incorrect. And that the fact most people still don't know it's incorrect has been massively costly to an enormous number of people. Hopefully by at least correcting your mistake in this thread, we can make a very small step towards solving that.
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X