• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been mugged by a polar bear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I wonder if you could inject it with something to stop it growing?
    Stop feeding it and it won't grow
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Nice lass doing door-to-door? She could raise a heck of a lot more money by
      Perhaps PAH had a after she left.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Polar bear could be rhyming slang for a lovely pair.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          In the past I have contract for charities. They are indeed business, most of the money goes on flying half a dozen people to China to lecture the rest of us on climate change.

Money for your bear goes on “Raising awareness of the threats of climate change that we all face” in other words it goes to a PR company.

The charity collect that came to your door is on commision
          FTFY
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            FTFY
            So true

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippy again.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Just been mugged by my own penis
              FTFY
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Gahhh charities disgust me deeply.

First the concept of charity, is not throwing money at a cause to absolve guilt of social responsibility of the issue. It is doing something out of goodwill, giving yourself, not your wallet, without a forethought for reward or recognition.

The second issue is nearly all charities out there, with some very rare exceptions such as local charities are scams that are run as businesses rather than good Samaritan causes. That includes all of the mainstream ones, some of the worst offenders being ones like Oxfam. All large charities at the very least have administration costs. However the norm is that managers of shops get paid more than retail shop managers, regional managers controlling the dispersal of funds, the endorsement of promotional materials and even some paid to entice donations. The entire system is as disgusting as the crap I had earlier that just wouldn't flush.

Funnily enough, the other day I re-iterated a door knocker convo I had this week from British Red Cross:

Him: "I'm from the British Red Cross, would you like to donate?"
                Me: "No thank you, I wouldn't touch your charity with a bargepole!" (sounds arsy when typed, but I'm far from confrontational in real life and made my points very nicely. I always do to avoid comeback and hassle)
                Him: "Woa really? First time I've heard that, mind if I ask you why? All I want to do is help others."
                Me: "Of course, while I respect you may want to make a difference in the world, the very notion of the name British Red Cross is deceptive. Many people may believe that aid in the UK is prioritised but it isn't. I appreciate you (BRC) helped out those in the UK in past tragic floods, but those people have received far less support than other causes overseas. I feel before we attempt to render aid to the rest of the world, we must address issues at home first.

The very notion of dropping money in a bucket, to absolve oneself of consideration for the cause is not charity. Charity is helping your neighbour, getting them milk and bread if they are too infirm to get to the shops. Just for example, look at Age Concern. Although they give more of their donations to the end cause than you do after "costs", they still have to collate donations and employ a regional manager at over £25k p/a to disperse funds and decide which OAP's get a £15p/h carer to go out and do their shopping. If all of those individuals who give £5 a month, instead spent less than 1/5th of that in their own communities, getting shopping for them so they don't have to go out and break their hips in winter, we could help a lot more people.

Him: "Well I assure you I don't earn that much. I only get a bonus for each person I sign up."
                Me: "So you are employed and paid to canvass for donations rather than doing this out of your own goodwill? How do you expect donors to feel at such a prospect? I donate older IT hardware to local groups without funding, but I assemble them, deliver and set them up out of my own goodwill and would never accept a "bonus", "petrol money" or any payment for my time as it would make the very gesture uncharitable....... Anyway thanks for your honesty and take care."

In short, this type of person is pure evil, even if he is likeable. How can one work for a charity, knowingly taking bonuses and even salaries, diminishing donations made by ignorant members of the public?

That kind of behaviour is like a lecherous individual that hovers behind adults picking up money and belongings they may drop, keeping it for themselves or waiting for kids to drop their candy and swiping it to get a free lunch. How can one profit off misfortune and those ignorantly wishing to help them?

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                  That kind of behaviour is like a lecherous individual that hovers behind adults picking up money and belongings they may drop, keeping it for themselves or waiting for kids to drop their candy and swiping it to get a free lunch. How can one profit off misfortune and those ignorantly wishing to help them?
                  Or the sort of ****er who sees a pair of gloves tucked into the top of a shopping bag under a table and nabs them. Pure evil.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Or the sort of ****er who sees a pair of gloves tucked into the top of a shopping bag under a table and nabs them. Pure evil.
                    Jeez, thank f*** they didn't pinch your hat too. (you have checked haven't you?)
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Jeez, thank f*** they didn't pinch your hat too. (you have checked haven't you?)
                      My hats are all safely stored in my hat draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X