• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i am lost for words

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    They were in the bag when I put it down and not in it when I picked it up. They weren't on the floor, I checked. What exactly do you think happened to them that is more plausible than thievery?
    Memory loss, you dropped them, Alzheimers.
    All more plausible than that some second hand gloves were stolen by someone who happened to have the same size hands as you, in the City, while leaving a bunch of easily stolen objects behind.

Now stop digging or this may turn into one of the classic CUK threads, at your expense.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      WHS. This story looks more implausible the more you hear it.

Oh I don't know.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Memory loss, you dropped them, Alzheimers.
        All more plausible than that some second hand gloves were stolen by someone who happened to have the same size hands as you, in the City, while leaving a bunch of easily stolen objects behind.
        Unlike you I'm some years away from the age that mental decline becomes an inevitable part of life.

I took them off when I arrived and tucked them in the top of my shopping bag, which was then placed under a table adjacent to where we were standing with a number of other bags. It was quite a large shopping bag, most of the stuff was in other smaller bags resting on top of the contents of the larger bag so it would have needed some serious rummaging to extract it, but the gloves were sat on top and so easily pinched. They were stretchy one size fits all woolly gloves with an insulated lining, so they would fit most people comfortably.

I don't why you find it so hard to believe than an opportunistic thief might have had them away. Sounds like you're suffering from a lack of imagination.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Oh I don't know.

They were not effeminate. They were black woolly gloves.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There were several laptops under the table so I think it was clearly someone with cold hands (we were in an outdoor area) who decided they liked the look of them rather than someone looking for items of value. Probably some essex dwelling city minion with low moral standards.

Comment

There were several laptops under the table so I think it was clearly someone with cold hands (we were in an outdoor area) who decided they liked the look of them rather than someone looking for items of value. Probably some essex dwelling city minion with low moral standards.
              Stop now. My chortling is beginning to attract attention. So you're claiming some city person stole your cheap, manky, woollen, stretchable gloves.
              Next you'll be saying they licked your chutney spoon and put it back.
              And we're on page 4 of this thread. Yup - shaping to be a classic.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is this the person?

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was in the pub with some friends.
                  Show off or liar we all know that no one on this site has any friends
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So you're claiming some city person stole your cheap, manky, woollen, stretchable gloves.
                    They were almost new, I'd only had them a week or so.

The pubs in the city are usually full of oiks. The area around Liverpool street where it borders on spitalfields and shoreditch seems to be especially full of them. So yes, I find it quite plausible that some ill mannered badly educated office junior stole my gloves because it was cold and they were too feckless to buy a pair of their own.

Comment

They were almost new, I'd only had them a week or so.

The pubs in the city are usually full of oiks. The area around Liverpool street where it borders on spitalfields and shoreditch seems to be especially full of them. So yes, I find it quite plausible that some ill mannered badly educated office junior stole my gloves because it was cold and they were too feckless to buy a pair of their own.
                      DO you think they wore them while bleeding the radiators?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X