• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How has 2011 been ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011, plan A (formerly known as plan B) is 29% up on profit compared to last year. We've hired another 4 staff and hope to double turnover by this time next year.

On a personal level, I've avoided having any more children or damaging the ones I've got. Both of which are good news.

Edit: Oh, and I have become Godlike. Now should I get a custom title?

Comment

2 contracts done and dusted in 2011 - 3 months planned leave stretched into nearly 5 which seriously put a strain on the warchest. Great 3rd contract despite the impending 10% cut in January but with the extension already being written and an apparent freeze on headcount for 2012 despite a full to bursting portfolio of work - could be here this time next year.

Ideal location and nice working environment....

Somethings going to go wrong isn't it?
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        2011 was a very busy and stressful year, moved house, building renovations, spent too much cash etc.
        WHS.

Hopefully more hols in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
          2 contracts done and dusted in 2011 - 3 months planned leave stretched into nearly 5 which seriously put a strain on the warchest. Great 3rd contract despite the impending 10% cut in January but with the extension already being written and an apparent freeze on headcount for 2012 despite a full to bursting portfolio of work - could be here this time next year.

Ideal location and nice working environment....

Somethings going to go wrong isn't it?
          Sounds like 12 month rolling contract, expect a call from Hector you disguised permie.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1445057
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
            Sounds like 12 month rolling contract, expect a call from Hector you disguised permie.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1445057
            LOL - well I'll just send him across the road - there's plenty of people I know that have been here for years - maybe I'll be able to turn states evidence and get off?
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

2011 - not bad thanks
              2012 - really looking forward to it
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A fairly standard year work wise no complaints. The music career got a boost that was unexpected and will have bigger implications for next year.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  2011 - not bad thanks
                  2012 - really looking forward to it
                  same here.

Finally made it out of blighty, looking forward to see what 2012 brings for me and Mr N in cloggers.

And before you ask Milly dearest, no I haven't bought the rôtisserie, as I sold the weber
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Off the bench into new contract
                    New baby
                    New contract (running 1 @ 5 days / week, 1 @ 1 day per week)
                    Dad died

Mixed year...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      same here.

Finally made it out of blighty, looking forward to see what 2012 brings for me and Mr N in cloggers.

And before you ask Milly dearest, no I haven't bought the rôtisserie, as I sold the weber

you did what !!!!!

how can you live with yourself ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X