• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best and worst places to live in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the smart, perverted, sluggish, ugly people who have been outside of London? Like me :b

Comment

Best
      I like the bit from Hammersmith bridge down to Putney. Houses are overpriced fro what they are, but the area isn't too bad for the usual London crimewave. There's an excellent Thai on Fulham Pallace road and the best Indian I've ever been in is just around the corner in Chiswick. The pubs are OK too.

Worst
      Had the misfortune to stay at a mates in Wembley during one contract, erm:x

Comment

Having a place in Wimbledon at the moment is good. You can rent it out for £2k a week to some Japanese businessman.

Comment

Best place I've lived in - Marylebone - with Regents Park just over the road. Primrose Hill and Maida Vale look good too. (Like sasguru I'm in Hoxton now too - no greenery so I jump on the tube to go to Regents Park if I'm in London at weekends.)

Worst place - Wood Green. What a hellhole - only decent thing is the kebab shops

Comment

It seems to me

...that you can divide London down the middle.

West London is OK with some good bits, while east London is a large sh1thole with some even worse bits.

Millwall is up there with the worst.

Comment

Re: It seems to me

The only nice things about East London is its convienient and cheap.

Other than that Gloucester Road, Queensway area is my favourite although too pricy for my wallet at this stage.

Comment

Re: It seems to me

Hard to find newly built homes in London. For the best areas... how about Battersea Park if you don't have a fortune to spend for chelsea or Hampstead?

Comment

Working...
                X