• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many Liebour council losses ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Is it just me?

I don't see Gay Gordon as the next labour leader, particularly if Tone goes down in flames.
    Just because Tone is backing him doesn't mean he will get the vote.
    Why does the whole World see him as PM in waiting?
    Because they've done a deal.

Using the new "we're just tidying up the red tape" legislation, Tony has agreed to change the rules so that only GB can be the future PM, and in return, using similar legislation, El Gordo has agreed to make TB a one-off hereditary peer in the Lords.

Joe in "politics ain't rocket science" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
      Because they've done a deal.

Using the new "we're just tidying up the red tape" legislation, Tony has agreed to change the rules so that only GB can be the future PM, and in return, using similar legislation, El Gordo has agreed to make TB a one-off hereditary peer in the Lords.

Joe in "politics ain't rocket science" mode.
      They might have done a deal, but when he steps down he will have to step down as the leader of NL and sure as hell they will want their say in who will be next leader! As the party is presently in power the PM title comes with that job so every power hungry mongrel will be throwing his/her hat/bonnet into the ring. 2 shags (with chipolatta) is likely to run as he normally carries the backing of the Unions and old labour. Do you think blindgit will miss the opportunity...... and all the usual suspects.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thanks LG, you've just spoiled my attempt at satire/parody by telling everyone that it just ain't going to happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
          Thanks LG, you've just spoiled my attempt at satire/parody by telling everyone that it just ain't going to happen...
          Sorry Joe, sometimes my sense of humour just trips out and I start ranting about all sorts of tulip.
          Why dont you go and look at test please delete and cheer yourself up. I cant till the weekend.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I want

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
            Political commentators are saying that if Liebour lose less than 200 council seats, they won't have too many problems as a result. Between 200 & 250 losses will be very bad, over 250 and the party will be really out for Blair's blood.

So let's have a poll. How many council seats will Labour lose control of ?

... and already we have some wishful thinking !

All the parties to lose, Labour Tory and Libdem, they're all scumbags none of them deserve to win anything except an execution. If anything I'd love to see the BNP wipe the floor with all of them.

In my 40 years on the planet I've voted at every election but with Cameron running the tories I just can't vote for them so I've abstained. Hopefully the tory vote will collapse and Cameron will be toast.
            Last edited by vista; 4 May 2006, 19:58.

Comment

Just one correct answer

With Liebour losing 255 councillors, just the one person got it right.

Now we'll see if the political pundits in the media got it right by saying more than 250 losses would spell serious trouble for Bliar.

Comment

Working...
              X