• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to get the wife for Christmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    As above. Suggestions from the lady folk round here would be appreciated, and I have a bingo sheet for the suggestions I'm expecting from the blokes.
    Oh no no, we're much worse than that.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A lovely new ironing board cover. Keep her entertained four hours ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        A lovely new ironing board cover. Keep her entertained four hours ...
        Cheap sod!

It's Christmas, get her a new iron as well.

Comment

She's never forgiven me for the year I bought her a torque-wrench.
          It was a good one too..

Comment

Not sure if you are expecting a serious response, but posh welly boots seem to be the thing this year.
            Mrs C was oggling these not really welly boots as we know them, but waterproof.

Reminds me of a friend who a few years back bought a lair for his wife (as in a burial plot in a cemetery), the idea being that when they died, they would be together forever.
            She was none too pleased...

Al.
            Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
              As above. Suggestions from the lady folk round here would be appreciated, and I have a bingo sheet for the suggestions I'm expecting from the blokes.
              My old man does his shopping last minute, so it's usually 5 litres of Castrol GTX and a tin of travel sweets for me.

Money's in short supply this year so I'll be happy if I can earn enough in my evening work to get the kiddies something.

Comment

Get the the latest gadget from Apple the iRon

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A new husband
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    A new husband
                    Some permie last year bought his wife a slow cooker.

I know for a fact she was slow to warm up.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A cream pie?
                      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X