• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanted, fit body.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not a weekday passes without a drink, 1.5 - 2 bottles of red a week max nothing more.
    This thread is about Darmstadt btw.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Hernia maybe?

Hope you get sorted out soon.

Comment

From a wee song I know;

If you're bent wi' arthiritis,
        Your bowels have got colitis,
        You've gallopin' bollockitis
        And you're thinkin' it's time you died,
        If you've been a man of action,
        Though you're lying there in traction,
        You will get some satisfaction
        Thinkin', "Jesus, at least I tried."

Get well soon...
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Take care, and go to the doctor a bit earlier next time.

I don't understand why men see not going to the doctor as a badge of honour rather than the potential death sentence that it could turn out to be.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My sister had similar recently. Turned out to be appendix.

Best wishes anyway.

Comment

Back from the scan, nada.

So you can't eat drink or smoke for 3 hours before the scan and then turn up. Sit around looking at people either drinking clear liquids, coloured liquids or have a needle with a tube of coloured fluid stuck in their arm. I get called to the desk and handed a 1/2 litre plastic cup of clear liquid (thankfully as I had noticed that those drinking coloured liquid ended up with the needle in the arm) and told to drink it slowly over the next half hour whereupon I can get another one. I drink my second one and then get a third which requires a bladder movement half way through. Once the third is complete and get my fourth which is, thank heavens, the last and told to drink it until there is 200ml left, the rest is to drunk in the 'changing room.' Another bladder movement takes place as I don't know how long I'm going to be away from the toilet area.

Eventually my name gets called (I only have 100ml left as I was getting really bored) and I enter a small room where the young lady tells me to take my shoes and jeans off, luckily I showered today and put on some clean (and sexy) underwear. She then proceeds to give me a small tray which contains a plastic bag, a thing and some instructions which she proceeds to tell me:

YL: place the plastic bag over your 'hoden' (testicles) and the the protective box over that
              Me: you what (thinking that the thing was for a urine sample)
              YL: this thing has to go over the plastic bag over your balls underneath your underwear
              Me: aah (picking up the thing and realising that it weighs quite a bit, in fact its a plastic covered lead cricket box)

So enter the chamber and get some instructions about taking breaths and holding them and how long for and how long it takes and so on. She then says that a needle has to be inserted so that the colourant can be fed in, eh? What was all that liquid that I drunk for then? Oh well if needs must except she can only insert it in the arm where the extracted the blood from a couple of days ago, bloody hell that hurt.

Arms above your head, a tube running from somewhere into your arm and off we go, except we don't. After a trail run she comes back in as there is some metal somewhere which turns out to be a logo badge on my top. Anyway sorted that out and the first scans are run and then the colourant is turned on. Now she had warned me that I might get a funny taste in my mouth and that it might feel warm. What she didn't warn me about was the fact that it also makes you feel like you've voided your bowels, boy that scared the tulip out of me, well it didn't as I couldn't smell anything but it bloody felt like it. Also I didn't get warmer, in fact the opposite, bloody freezing, my arm felt like ice.

Anyway the whole procedure takes about 20 minutes and off you go back to the reception and wait for the doctor to see you. In the meantime I went and had an extremely runny poo due to the amount of liquid. Into the doctor who asked me why I was there and I explained, he asked me some more questions and then said the reason he's asking is that he can't really see anything. The liver looks okay, there may be a small infection in the kidney but otherwise nothing but he'll examine it more detail and a full report will be sent to my GP on Thursday. My last act was to pick up the pictures and drop them off at my GP then go home and have another runny run.

The only problem with not finding anything is that it seems the only option left is to go into hospital and be cut open, tulip.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X