• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting dicked about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If some of the incompetence you have displayed recently over here is anything to go by, I am surprised they even interview you. Your bob team must all have a right fit of giggles when they hear your voice.
    Examples please?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Examples please?
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...e-problem.html

And I rest everyone's cases.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I don't think I've ever mentioned this comment someone left on my rep list.

Thread: CUK Most boring poster...
        Well said, SY really is a self-centered twat
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Told the agent I'm out. I can't work with people that are incapable of making decisions. You want me or you don't. Simple as that.

Great relief.
          In the same way that you told the client that you were walking if things didn't improve after two weeks?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            In the same way that you told the client that you were walking if things didn't improve after two weeks?
            "Day 452 out of Suitys deadline. Suity is still on the chip machine but has been told by his new boss 16 year old Ali that one day he may be allowed on milkshakes as well"
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              "Day 452 out of Suitys deadline. Suity is still on the chip machine but has been told by his new boss 16 year old Ali that one day he may be allowed on hydrogenated vegetable oil and sugar shakes as well"
              FTFY.

Comment

Then 24 hrs with no movement. Then get a call saying they are just checking with the vendor to see if they have anyone available.

So if you are happy with the person you have interviewed, why go back to the market for one final look?
                Are you a whitelabel? Clients always prefer vendor PS or white labels than independent contractors. They want someone to represent the vendor on site - whereas you can sit comfortably on the fence being independent. You also have probably less poke with the vendor company.

Comment

Marvellous. So as expected no actual content or general thrust for the accusation, as I suspected. If of course I was putting myself about as an Oracle expert then I would be bang to rights. As I am not, and am someone who worked on the Microsoft tools for 14 odd years, with the most recent years spent in business analysis and system design none of your comments actually hold any water at all.

The fact that I have been thrust in to help the Bobs with Oracle development, despite my protestations are largely beyond my control. I have asked specifically for Oracle skilled resource to be added to the project, and it will be. In the mean time I just make do with foogling, asking on here and doing my utmost to do what I can.

Not ideal, but then that's much cheapness plenty quickness.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Told the agent I'm out. I can't work with people that are incapable of making decisions. You want me or you don't. Simple as that.

Great relief.
                    That bit makes me laugh - you are aking a public forum for advise and what to do.
                    You seem incapable of making your own decisions

Is this the gig you had got but was waiting for references to be taken ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      That bit makes me laugh - you are aking a public forum for advise and what to do.
                      You seem incapable of making your own decisions

Is this the gig you had got but was waiting for references to be taken ?
                      His mistake was that he asked his mum to provide a reference. Now even the agent is refering to him as 'My special little soldier'
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X