• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon's Recommended for you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I went a bit berserk a couple of weeks ago adding DVDs to my cart, before shifting some to my wish list and leaving only about a dozen in the cart.

Then, upon checking out and reviewing my list, I found that two or three DVDs had been shifted back from my wish list to the cart for the current purchase!

Although possibly some weird issue relating to HTTP POSTs, this seems more likely to be a deliberate stunt to pop a couple of small wish-list extras in with a purchase of lots of equally small items in the hope the customer won't notice.
    Is it just me, or are the "I accidentally purchased a Cliff DVD" excuses getting more elaborate?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The pop-up edition of that book is great at parties for a game of guess which guest will get a fist in the face when they open it.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Just done a load of xmas shopping online and now it thinks I would also like

For Music;
        Olly Murs
        Bruno Mars

For Film;
        Bridesmaids DVD
        Cliff Richard - The Soulicious Tour Special Edition with Pocket Diary and Bonus Content [DVD]

They know to bin any data they collect in December, right?
        Recommends me books on Clinical Depression. Seriously.

My question is: How do they know I'm a contractor?
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          Recommends me books on Clinical Depression. Seriously.

My question is: How do they know I'm a contractor?

They don't. But they do know what your other half has been buying you for Christmas.

They call it predictive advertising. You might not think you need the books now, but you will soon enough. I've got mine on pre-order.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
          X