• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I buy a used Porsche 911 and drive through Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Right, then back to the 911. Has to be the 996 Turbo IMHO unless you can spring to a 997 Turbo.

Down through France to Monte Carlo, across to Italy, Col De Turini, cross the Alps into Germany, Autobahns, Nürburgring for some mentalism. Then it's up to you. Cross to Eastern Europe or head north through Denmark or head home via Netherlands and Belgium.
    and get it nicked...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Right, then back to the 911. Has to be the 996 Turbo IMHO unless you can spring to a 997 Turbo.
      Looks like 996 can be had for £25k but 997 is like £50k - there must be a reason for it surely.

Next time this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        This has Griswold Family Vacation written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Looks like 996 can be had for £25k but 997 is like £50k - there must be a reason for it surely.

Next time this year...
          Told you why, all 996's are pants. Including the Turbo, and I speak from experience....

Good 993 Turbo's with a good history are starting to creep up to the value of early 997 Turbo's now.

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
            Told you why, all 996's are pants. Including the Turbo, and I speak from experience....

Good 993 Turbo's with a good history are starting to creep up to the value of early 997 Turbo's now.
            Yes I noticed that 993 Turbo from 1996 was also 50 grand

Comment

997 Turbo with Sport Chrono pack. That's what you really want.

The optional Sport Chrono package allows 911 Turbo to overboost for 10 seconds, increasing peak torque over a narrow rev range. According to official Porsche figures, it accelerates to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.9 seconds with the manual transmission, and 3.7 seconds with Tiptronic S transmission. It has also recorded a 60 mph (97 km/h) time of 3.2 seconds at the hands of US motoring publication Motor Trend, eclipsing all of its major competitors and even Porsche's own Carrera GT supercar. The 997 Turbo has an official top speed of 318 km/h (198 mph) and Jeremy Clarkson achieved an indicated speed of 322 km/h (200 mph) during his 2008 video special, Clarkson: Thriller.

Safwat Cars Ltd : 2007 07 Reg Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe Tiptronic S
              http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3462972.htm
              Last edited by DimPrawn; 7 December 2011, 16:11.

Comment

Is auto gear box tulip? I like changing gears and using clutch etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Is auto gear box tulip? I like changing gears and using clutch etc.
                  It's whatever you prefer really. If you like manual gearboxes, get one. Modern autos, especially the double clutch type are brilliant. I love modern auto boxes with 7, 8 or even 9 ratios. Porsche do the PDK box on more recent 911 models.

Comment

Sweet ride! Bit more than I was looking to spend though
                    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post

Sweet ride! Bit more than I was looking to spend though
                      FFS Beaker, are you as permie as Wilmslow? Get a Fiesta then!

Comment

Working...
                      X