• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company and Divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These Women....

They could all be agents of "The Master" gathering riches for him before he makes his ultimate starategic move!!

Comment

Be prepared for the settlement percentage to be 60/40. The Income Diminisher may have only been married for 5 minutes and that’s what she’d get. The courts are still too sappy when it assesses the income & capital needs of the ‘woman in distress’, they basically come across all Mary Archer on you (“Has she fragrance?”… etc etc).

Get some ‘directors’ on board and er, pay them the divvys. Or hire some outside ‘consultants’ as previously mentioned. Or wait 10 years to see if our esteemed family law system introduces the concept of blame into assessment of the divorce settlement. That would make ‘em think twice. If you’re not blameless already, start working on it…
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

isn't the whole divorce settlement thing down to times of old when a couple would split but it wasn't "socially acceptable" for women to work so the hubby paid her a yearly "salary" on the understanding she didn't bother him again?

so much for the feminist movement

grrrr
        "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

No, janey, the UK divorce system is designed to maximise lawyer income.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"No, janey, the UK divorce system is designed to maximise lawyer income."

And to preserve the status quo & block new ideas. To do otherwise would keep their Lordships out of the gentlemen's clubs for too long.
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
              They could all be agents of "The Master" gathering riches for him before he makes his ultimate starategic move!!
              Shhhhhh.... mum's the word.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                No, janey, the UK divorce system is designed to maximise lawyer income.
                .. and they pass some of that on to me to get some interesting photos. No I won't post them on here

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                  .. and they pass some of that on to me to get some interesting photos. No I won't post them on here
                  can I be a trainee privateeye?
                  "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                    can I be a trainee privateeye?

Of course you can - maybe you can explain to me what's going on in some of the photos

Comment

privateeye, do your services cover the W. Midlands?
                      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X