• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Just watched the shootout at the end of one of the eps (4) of True Detective S2.

It's truly epic.

Almost as good as the Lorne Malvo massacre in S1 of Fargo.

Yes I think that was the point I actually started enjoying S2 and some of the pieces started falling into place for me. Though the following episode took me a while to realise [spoiler alert]it was a time jump as the main cast were doing totally different things[/spoiler alert].

Up to that episode I had a predominantly WTF is going on feeling, but by the end of the season I think I'd enjoy it more re-watching it all and knowing what was going on from the start. Certainly finished better than it started though not quite the same quality as S1.

Like how each season is a stand alone story. Wonder if they'll continue that with the inevitable S3 when they get round to producing it.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonner View Post
      Stranger Things. On Netflix.
      If you like poltergeist, Lost Boys and Goonies you'll love it.
      9.2 on IMDB! Will give it a go next week.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'm not completely sure I ever knew wtf was going on.

The end was a bit of a downer.

I presume you mean the very end where it appears the [spoiler alert]dead detective had two kids yet died thinking he had none.

Rather than the end of line scenes in the desert and forest. Both of those had their sad moments too. Especially the failed last message upload due to the phone being out of range.

At least it was semi-realistic rather than the typical Hollywood happy ending we've come to expect from the yanks.
        [/spoiler alert]
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So Billions season 1 ended last night with a double bill of episodes.

What a gal the attorney's wife is. She has it all, brains, fit, and freaky. Though I'll skip the golden shower (first episode) and probably the rest of the dominatrix stuff. Though a pertinent reminder in the final episode to watch your surfing activity at work.

Looking forward to a season 2 already.

Comment

Watched Stranger Things, very good I thought.

Just started watching The Get Down. Even though I'm not into the music so much I'm really enjoying it.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

New season new shows.

Best so far Quarry (TV Series 2016) - IMDb
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Watched Stranger Things, very good I thought.

Just started watching The Get Down. Even though I'm not into the music so much I'm really enjoying it.
                Yes I enjoyed that though I found the hysterical Winona Ryder character a bit much.

Ray Donovan's easily been the best thing this year. Season 4 finale on Sunday.

Comment

Currently enjoying series two of Narcos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Currently enjoying series two of Narcos.
                    Series 1 was great. Definitely recommend.
                    Looking forward to starting Series 2.

Comment

The girlfriend experience. Its on Amazon. One to watch after the kids have gone to bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X