• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Well that's the end of S8 Castle.

And the end of the series.

Have had my eye on that as a Firefly/Serenity fan, wondering if Nathan Fillion would ever have a long running show worth watching (after a few cancellations), so may binge watch it now it's ended and full boxset likely available on Sky/NowTV soon if not already.

I presume it's another procedural detective show? Been struggling through my Monk boxset as I'm not really into procedural shows anymore, prefer proper story arc ones we get spoilt with these days.

Though for story arcs, latest season of Archer has just finished and that felt like a poor season overall. Ending is quite a moment though, but I expect it'll be explained away if the show gets renewed for a season 8.

Otherwise, I'm a few episodes into 11.22.63 but so far it feels like The Man In The High Castle where the effort they put into recreating a partially non-fictional historical setting is more interesting than the actual story.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Otherwise, I'm a few episodes into 11.22.63 but so far it feels like The Man In The High Castle where the effort they put into recreating a partially non-fictional historical setting is more interesting than the actual story.
      I struggled through the second episode of The Man in the High Castle. By the end I was paying more attention to reading things on Wikipedia than the TV. Looks like it's another one to add to the list of series I give up on after an episode or two.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Swearengen returns!

Well, maybe.

Ian McShane talks up the planned 'Deadwood' movie

He's already returned, in (spoiler alert for GoT) latest episode of Game of Thrones. Plenty of swearing naturally.

The upcoming HBO Westworld series may mean they can share the set for Deadwood, which would be nice. One wooden wild west building looks pretty much like any other, distinctive only by trade applied within.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Outcast starts tonight on Fox UK, worth a Punt as it's by the bloke that came up with The Walking Dead, stars Phillip Glenister

Comment

New show on download BrainDead (TV Series 2016 ) - IMDb

West Wing meets alien spawn, if you like that kind of thing.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              New show on download BrainDead (TV Series 2016 ) - IMDb

West Wing meets alien spawn, if you like that kind of thing.
              I spend all day reading posts in General. Don't want to watch it as well.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Guilt (TV Series 2016) - IMDb
                The Amanda Knox story moved to London
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Guilt (TV Series 2016) - IMDb
                  The Amanda Knox story moved to London
                  Will the local police be made out to be as incompetent as 'we' do of the foreign police when something serious happens to a brit abroad?

Been watching Billions via NowTV.

Along with Silicon Valley (that has now ended but will be back for a season 4) Billions is interesting in that they are shows that make me think about the possibilities of what could be done via the internet. I think it's called inspiration but maybe that is when one gets beyond procrastination and actually does something.

Any other shows that may be similarly inspiring? Only one I can think of from top of my head is Mad Men. Not got round to watching it yet. Though like Halt and Catch Fire, I get the impression it will be more nostalgic than inspirational.

Humans was interesting in a near future possibilities kind of way, and back for a series 2 later this year. Like a less satirical Black Mirror. Maybe Humans was inspired by the Be Right Back episode in series 2. I get the feeling from the recent Westworld promo trailer that they're going for a deeper moral story line with the robots than they did with the original movie, similar to what they went for with Humans. So should be good even if they can never have a bad robot as good a Yul Brynner was in the movie. A sci-fi classic. Hope the TV show is as good as the high standard HBO usually set.

Comment

Currently watching Queen of the South, Mexican drug trafficers.

Queen of the South (TV Series 2016) - IMDb
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Will the local police be made out to be as incompetent as 'we' do of the foreign police when something serious happens to a brit abroad? .
                      It looks at how the Lawyers handle the case.

Been watching Billions via NowTV.

Along with Silicon Valley (that has now ended but will be back for a season 4) Billions is interesting in that they are shows that make me think about the possibilities of what could be done via the internet. I think it's called inspiration but maybe that is when one gets beyond procrastination and actually does something.

Any other shows that may be similarly inspiring? Only one I can think of from top of my head is Mad Men. Not got round to watching it yet. Though like Halt and Catch Fire, I get the impression it will be more nostalgic than inspirational.

Humans was interesting in a near future possibilities kind of way, and back for a series 2 later this year. Like a less satirical Black Mirror. Maybe Humans was inspired by the Be Right Back episode in series 2. I get the feeling from the recent Westworld promo trailer that they're going for a deeper moral story line with the robots than they did with the original movie, similar to what they went for with Humans. So should be good even if they can never have a bad robot as good a Yul Brynner was in the movie. A sci-fi classic. Hope the TV show is as good as the high standard HBO usually set.
                      I liked Halt and Catch Fire, comming back for season 2 soon.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X