• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finally at the party just after everyone's gone home and there's nothing left to do but clean up the vomit, and watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. I'm about 8 episodes in, but it is getting pretty good after a slowish start. I'm usually cynical about anything over hyped, but perhaps BB really is as good as people say.

Is House of Cards just the old British series remade? I try to make a point of avoiding remakes.
    Last edited by VectraMan; 13 March 2015, 16:25.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Is House of Cards just the old British series remade? I try to make a point of avoiding remakes.
      Remade and Americanised with Kevin Spacey.

About to start series 3 tonight although I might have to watch the last few from series 2 to remind me what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Another one for you; Bosch.
        Yes, been enjoying this one. Wife and I just watched the first 5 eps back to back. Pretty gripping stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I'm finally at the party just after everyone's gone home and there's nothing left to do but clean up the vomit, and watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. I'm about 8 episodes in, but it is getting pretty good after a slowish start. I'm usually cynical about anything over hyped, but perhaps BB really is as good as people say.

BB is fantastic, though the general consensus is that season 3 is a bit slow and basically something you have to soldier through so that you can get to seasons 4 and 5 which are fantastic.

I believe House of Cards is technically a remake of the UK series but from what I've read about it, the US version is not simply a poor imitation of the original, but a complete re-imagining of the show and I can tell you that after just 3 episodes it's certainly got us hooked. Kevin Spacey is fantastic in the lead role but the whole cast is excellent and you can tell it had/has a big budget so you get great production value too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The Man in the High Castle - Amazon Prime.

Has anyone caught the first ep of this Dickian* tour de force?

*that's Philip K. Dickian for those who haven't been read in.
            Sounds interesting - Same counterfactual genre as Fatherland, by Robert Harris and SS GB, by Len Deighton, etc.

Also, Interstellar (2014) is out on bluray in a week's time
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
              I can tell you that after just 3 episodes it's certainly got us hooked. Kevin Spacey is fantastic in the lead role but the whole cast is excellent and you can tell it had/has a big budget so you get great production value too.
              I can tell you that after all 3 seasons you'll still be agog ! It's very good and just gets better and better

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The Man in the High Castle - Amazon Prime.

Has anyone caught the first ep of this Dickian* tour de force?

*that's Philip K. Dickian for those who haven't been read in.
                It's really good, also enjoying series 2 of House of Cards.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm currently watching American TV and its ******* tulip, they must export all their good programs to Europe and just show the crap here. There's a channel called WETA UK which seems to only show old Inspector Morse and really old Poldark, and don't get me on about the adverts
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I'm currently watching American TV and its ******* tulip, they must export all their good programs to Europe and just show the crap here. There's a channel called WETA UK which seems to only show old Inspector Morse and really old Poldark, and don't get me on about the adverts
                    I think if I was in the US now I would still download the shows, then you don't have to watch all the adverts.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Absolutely loving this season of Justified - Sam Elliot's Avery Markham in particular.

Not as good as season 2 though; that was amongst the best TV I've ever seen. Mags Bennett; say no more.

Shame it's the last season.

Comment

Working...
                      X