• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't get into Breaking Bad first time around but I gave it another go and I'm enjoying it now. 4 episodes into the second season now.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Is it me or is Fringe absolute pants this season?

How long more can they string out Dexter as well, interesting start to the new season.
      Fringe I managed 2 episodes of Season 1, pants!! Not bothered again.

Dexter, This is the last season allegedly.
      S07E02 should be available tonight.
      Yep looks like going to be a goody. Was he dreaming at the end of the episode?
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Dexter, This is the last season allegedly.
        S07E02 should be available tonight.
        Yep looks like going to be a goody. Was he dreaming at the end of the episode?
        Persevere with fringe it did take a couple of seasons to warm up.

I should think so with Dexter as it can't really keep this going for much longer, as for the end, I am assuming it was a dream sequence.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Persevere with fringe it did take a couple of seasons to warm up.

I should think so with Dexter as it can't really keep this going for much longer, as for the end, I am assuming it was a dream sequence.
          I'm not so sure about it being a dream. The preview of this week's episode seemed to show that storyline being continued. I'll be pissed off if it is a dream, since they already used the cliched "character turns out to be dead" last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Didn't get into Breaking Bad first time around but I gave it another go and I'm enjoying it now. 4 episodes into the second season now.
            It gets better as it goes on, unusually for these things. Some of the family orientated stuff slows it down a bit though. That would be my only criticism. Seasons 3,4 and especially the first half of 5 are excellent.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              I used to really like fringe, but it has got very boring and I think I maybe only watched one of the last season. There seems to be a lot of boring American programs lately, Game of Thrones, Revolution, Stargate Universe. Its as if they seem to have moved into character development writing rather than action, then no one watches the programs and they get cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                I'm not so sure about it being a dream. The preview of this week's episode seemed to show that storyline being continued. I'll be pissed off if it is a dream, since they already used the cliched "character turns out to be dead" last season.
                So Dexter is a figment of his sisters imagination?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  I dont mind downloading tv series, as my logic is that i could have asked someone in america to record and post for me.
                  I'm not sure how that makes it seem better, as that would also be illegal (surely).

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  It gets better as it goes on, unusually for these things. Some of the family orientated stuff slows it down a bit though. That would be my only criticism. Seasons 3,4 and especially the first half of 5 are excellent.
                  I think you're talking about BB? I found S4 was great but thought S3 was a little disappointing.

Did we ever find out Gus' back-story, it was referenced he was noteworthy in Chile but I don't remember it being explained why.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm not sure how that makes it seem better, as that would also be illegal (surely).

I think you're talking about BB? I found S4 was great but thought S3 was a little disappointing.

Did we ever find out Gus' back-story, it was referenced he was noteworthy in Chile but I don't remember it being explained why.
                    Not really, it was mentioned at some point before his untimely demise, that the DEA couldn't find any record of him existing in Chile and there were a few flashbacks to his beginnings with the cartel, but that was about it.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Yeah, the cartel guy made references to Gus 'being someone in Chile' but we never found out who. Maybe we'll find out, maybe it's a dead-end; they have had a few things like that.

Wondering if the flashback from S2 (with the Narcocorrido song) will turn out to be the finale.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X