• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love getting addicted to a tv series, but there are very few that managed to grip me, top tv series for me are:

1) The Wire - simply perfection, cannot rave about this highly enough. Excellent writing and acting, just enough variation across seasons to keep it fresh but interlinked. Ended before it became stale too.
    2) The sopranos - anoth great crime drama, written in such a way you feel compassion towards mobsters
    3) 6 feet under - very strange tv series, actually very philosophical, only tv series to make me think about my own life
    4=) Breaking Bad - very funny, highly entertaining, gets a bit repetitive at times, but am eagerly awaiting season 5
    4=) SAMCRO - The sopranos on motorbikes, another great mobster drama, thoroughly enjoyed this and looking forward to the next season
    5) The shield - pretty good cop drama, very enjoyable and very good character writing

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
      I love getting addicted to a tv series, but there are very few that managed to grip me, top tv series for me are:

1) The Wire - simply perfection, cannot rave about this highly enough. Excellent writing and acting, just enough variation across seasons to keep it fresh but interlinked. Ended before it became stale too.
      2) The sopranos - anoth great crime drama, written in such a way you feel compassion towards mobsters
      3) 6 feet under - very strange tv series, actually very philosophical, only tv series to make me think about my own life
      4=) Breaking Bad - very funny, highly entertaining, gets a bit repetitive at times, but am eagerly awaiting season 5
      4=) SAMCRO - The sopranos on motorbikes, another great mobster drama, thoroughly enjoyed this and looking forward to the next season
      5) The shield - pretty good cop drama, very enjoyable and very good character writing
      Not a bad list... although I had to google SAMCRO to find out what it stood for, it was on my watch list already
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        It did, channel 5 IIRC. I watched 1 or 2 episodes years ago and wasn't that bothered.

So, do you recommend, or no?

EDIT: Good lord, season 4 !!
        Californication | Channel 5
        Yeah I like it. Well I really liked S1, only just started S2... I'm a bit worried they took away the main premise of the show at the end of S1 but time will tell. I think Duchovny puts in a great performance either way.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Yeah I like it. Well I really liked S1, only just started S2... I'm a bit worried they took away the main premise of the show at the end of S1 but time will tell. I think Duchovny puts in a great performance either way.
          Not difficult, he is acting from experience
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think Duchovny puts in a great performance either way.
            Ah. Good o, I think that's what I was asking really.

Comment

True Blood Season 5 is up to episode 3 at the mo.
              Weeds Season 8 has just started state side.
              Dexter Season 7 is coming in September.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Not a bad list... although I had to google SAMCRO to find out what it stood for, it was on my watch list already
                How far have you gone with SOA? Have watched series 1, not sure whether to continue with the other series?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  How far have you gone with SOA? Have watched series 1, not sure whether to continue with the other series?
                  Was it any good? Not heard of it before.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Was it any good? Not heard of it before.
                    Yes, enjoyed series 1. Mostly decent reviews, see here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sons-Anarchy...1307763&sr=8-1

For me, the acting is at times quite poor but I enjoyed the story line.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Watched some justified but didn't think much of it.

Not really sure about season 2 of Wilfred either.

Looking forward to seeing what Mr Heisenberg gets up to in the final series.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X