• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday night movie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd be nervous of watching JP, to see how the amazing effects have aged. The book is decent though.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Just watched Jurrasic Park with oldest daughter, she just learnt about dinosaurs at school, so thought it would be interesting for her, forgot its pretty scary for a 6 year old.
      Try planet dinosaur if it's on iplayer or similar. Very educational.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Peter, Portrait of Serial Killer, arty but good movie about Peter Sutcliffe, no gore, bit of wanking in first five mins, more about the state of his head, enjoyed it, not the usual fare, cut with news and telly footage from the time..

"Sonia says you're just a voice in my head....."

Comment

I've been re-living my youth by watching a film each Friday night from my Hammer box set.

Shame my imagination seems to be better than the real thing. Some of them haven't aged well.

Was tempted to get a few of my old TV favourites from the 80s but looking at clips on YouTube they may be best left in the past.

Wouldn't be so bad if they still made plenty of decent programmes but seems the good old days are over and we have to rely on the USA for decent TV shows, though they still don't quite do the comedy stuff as well as the brits. i.e. nothing has come close to Only Fools and Horses since it ended.

Has real talent gone elsewhere, been murdered by all the reality/celebrity crap, or are they just too busy posting on internet forums to be productive?
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Comment

Tucked into a bottle of apricot brandy and watched a couple of films

Super 8 (2011) - entertaining, and good special effects

Day of Wrath (2006) - excellent, but nodded off towards the end

Botheration - I'll have to watch that second one again
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                I've been re-living my youth by watching a film each Friday night from my Hammer box set.
                I grew up on that stuff. Every Saturday night on BBC2 they had the "double horror" starting with an old black and white offering with Boris Karloff or Bela Lugosi followed by something more up to date from Hammer or Amicus.

My favourite ones were the films made up of of several different stories. Buncn of strangers meet on a train, each one tells their story & when they get to the end of the line they all realise they've just arrived in hell. That sort of thing.

Comment

Hmmm, I've been tempted to buy the Hammer boxset, but I'm put off for the same reason PAH says.

I like doing Friday night movies (usually with pizza and bottle of wine), though last night I caught up on the last two The Killing episodes instead (with pizza and bottle of wine). A couple of weeks ago I managed to watch all three Ginger Snaps films on one Friday night.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Blu-ray of Brazil turned up from Amazon this week, so that's this Friday night's movie.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm watching 'Take Me Home' a drama for UK telly from 1989, Keith Barron and Maggie 'Tits' O'Niell - what a pair....

Filmed in IT-centric Telford....Cap-Gemini-tastic!

Comment

Working...
                      X