• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the 1st Day of Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    ...6 Sigma Blackbelt...
    Admins, I think a 'machine gun psychopath' smilie would be handy.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

5 gooooooooooooold share stocks
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

what is 6 sigma exactly? I noticed it on my dad's cv but don't have a clue what it's about. And why do they grade it as belt like some sort of judo for office workers??
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          12 week contract
          11 missing requirements
          10 failed deployments
          9 Bob testers
          8 All the pies
          7 managers worrying
          6 Sigma Blackbelt
          5 Defects Live
          4 weeks to go
          3 meetings daily
          2 tired to worry
          and a five ton invoice every day................

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            what is 6 sigma exactly? I noticed it on my dad's cv but don't have a clue what it's about. And why do they grade it as belt like some sort of judo for office workers??
            Six Sigma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a management methodology. They grade it as a judo belt for the same reason that IT project managers have 'war rooms' and 'plans of attack'; fat middle aged office workers whose willies have stopped working want to sound macho, as if they were doing something exciting with their lives.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

On a point of order Thursday wasn't the first day of Christmas, it was the first day of advent.

Advent calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First day of Christmas is 25th Dec.

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X