• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mercer Quality of Living Survey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Pointless survey. If you're rich in N'dajamena you'll have a better standard of living than if you're poor in Geneva.
    Well it's not much use if you want to compare rich people in one place with poor people in another, but I think the goal of the survey is to compare like for like.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Too old.

Insufficient points.

I was too old 10 years ago.
      serious? The age limit is 55 and if you are in IT you get double bonus points. Wasn't there some woman of 100 who just moved there?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        serious? The age limit is 55 and if you are in IT you get double bonus points. Wasn't there some woman of 100 who just moved there?
        Not on a skilled migrant visa, I wouldn't think. Age 55 is the limit.

Unlike say Canada where age 50 is when you get 0 points for age, but you can still get a visa if you score well enough on other factors (for example fluent French and English).
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Not on a skilled migrant visa, I wouldn't think. Age 55 is the limit.

Unlike say Canada where age 50 is when you get 0 points for age, but you can still get a visa if you score well enough on other factors (for example fluent French and English).
          I've looked at Oz as well. but there you basically need a job and I don't think IT is on their radar at all. Also looked at Singapore, but that would be on a work permit as they didn't appear to have a skilled migrant category - unless I've S$2.5m to invest!

I was just pointing out to our Welsh friend that there may be another path in which is not limited by age.

My easy route is Canada as I've citizenship there, but the wife has now declared that -30C isn't her "thing"..Anything below 15C isn't her "thing".
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
          X