• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software Development Lifecycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I just keep billing.
    whs
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's a waterfall" - The Outsourced Josie Whale

"What we've got here is a perpetual waterfall" - Cool Hand Bob

Some remakes are worth watching.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        PM - Let's review JIRA 369. MF this is with you.

MF - I failed it last week and the developer says that it is no longer on his priority list as he says he's done the fix. Of course it's a five minute change and of course if the same issue happens again in production the whole datawarehouse load will fail and we're fecked.

Developer - What are my prioritites please?

FFS!!!!
        Problems highlighted above.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          Problems highlighted above.
          ???

I'm the tester. Not the developer.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Suity you must be an expert in waterfall, especially when the water is piss falling below you?

Comment

???

I'm the tester. Not the developer.
              The defect is with you, the developer says he's fixed it.

Is the grenade not in your hand for retest ?

If not, that's what the quote makes it look like
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                The defect is with you, the developer says he's fixed it.

Is the grenade not in your hand for retest ?

If not, that's what the quote makes it look like
                No, the JIRA says 'Failed' and is assigned to the developer, but as BA I hold the JIRA.

It's interesting. I'm not really used to working in 'IT' as such. For years I have always sat on the outside of IT departments bought in by the business as 'shadow IT' because these feckers can't deliver. Now I'm sat on the other side of the fence. I engage directly with internal clients and I have control over the projects I deliver, but not always the resource. As soon as it goes to a shared resource model it doesn't work.

There is something intrinsically f**ked with social makeup of people who work in IT that makes them hide behind emails & computers and just don't do the job. And that's why they get outsourced, because they are ******* hopeless at communicating or managing themselves. Hence go with the cheapest.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No, the JIRA says 'Failed' and is assigned to the developer, but as BA I hold the JIRA.

It's interesting. I'm not really used to working in 'IT' as such. For years I have always sat on the outside of IT departments bought in by the business as 'shadow IT' because these feckers can't deliver. Now I'm sat on the other side of the fence. I engage directly with internal clients and I have control over the projects I deliver, but not always the resource. As soon as it goes to a shared resource model it doesn't work.

There is something intrinsically f**ked with social makeup of people who work in IT that makes them hide behind emails & computers and just don't do the job. And that's why they get outsourced, because they are ******* hopeless at communicating or managing themselves. Hence go with the cheapest.
                  I have jumped out of Test Management now because I couldn't stand working with remote or outsourced teams. I never did traditional 'management' stuff with presentations and bulltulip. I could usually be found prowling the office with a phone in one hand and a pack of fags in the other

It's a lot harder to duck responsibility and play 'asignee tennis' in QC when you've got some mad nicotine deprived jock sitting on your desk

Resources should be within grabbing distance
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

This'll be why the PM says the ticket is "with you" then. You should have been clearer when you corrected him.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

You've clearly never worked for a happy company with motivated people.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X