• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly bought it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    If you are going to do it then putting your foot down and completing the maneuver in the shortest time is the safest way of doing so.

I'm sure I read in the Highway Code years ago that it's ok to break the speed limit while overtaking, as it reduces the time you're exposed to danger on the other side of the road.

If it's not there now then it's probably another thing changed when the Matrix had a service pack applied.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      I'm sure I read in the Highway Code years ago that it's ok to break the speed limit while overtaking, as it reduces the time you're exposed to danger on the other side of the road.

If it's not there now then it's probably another thing changed when the Matrix had a service pack applied.
      Matrix glitch I'm afraid, speeding whilst overtaking has never been condoned
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Matrix glitch I'm afraid, speeding whilst overtaking has never been condoned
        It is true you can stop and park anywhere, no matter how dangerous, as long as you put your hazards on.

I know this as I've seen thousands of motorists do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          It is true you can stop and park anywhere, no matter how dangerous, as long as you put your hazards on.

I know this as I've seen thousands of motorists do it.

Or if you're a van, park normally by the side of the road in a line of parked cars, then put your hazards on so that passing motorists will think you want to pull out and low down for no fecking reason
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            That is exactly what old people say. It is the same mentality as those that whine about other people earning more money than they are, or the neighbour peering at next doors new car and checking that it does'nt cost more than theirs. People can leave their petty envies and egos at home and if they are not intending to overtake stop behaving like a flock of selfish sheep and leave gaps between themselves and the car in front.
            I have no problem with people overtaking, but this idiot was trying to do a truck and 6 cars. That's a hell of a long line of traffic and the result was nearly an accident. Perhaps the others didn't try to overtake because it wasn't safe to do so.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

This is how you do it!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                This is how you do it!

check out the maniac driving through the lot and carrying on! Obviously a contractor on his way to invoice/work
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sounds unlikely to me. I know for certain that if you break the law while making way for an emergency vehicle then you are still guilty. Even entering a bus lane. Apparently you must pull over when safe to do so without breaking the law.

IMO that is stupid. But there we go.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I know for certain that if you break the law while making way for an emergency vehicle then you are still guilty.
                    Yep, seen a few reports where people have been done for 'jumping a red light' when they tried to move forward to let an ambulance through.

So you're supposed to just sit there and shrug your shoulders while someone may be dying somewhere.

Don't think I could just sit there. I'd rather risk a fine then contest it in court, and if the judge upholds it I'd call him a then get sent down for contempt. Then I'd get really pissed off and it would end in a murder charge.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Don't think I could just sit there. I'd rather risk a fine then contest it in court, and if the judge upholds it I'd call him a then get sent down for contempt. Then I'd get really pissed off and it would end in a murder charge.
                      If its a red light then you will get your chance in front of a judge - and I can't see a judge upholding it. But bus lanes don't need a judge. You will get a fine then baliffs round.

Its an area of the law that needs changing.

Comment

Working...
                      X