• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sainsbury's carrier bags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich people are rich because we don't spend money unnecessarily, leaving more for the important things in life.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Rich people are rich because we don't spend money unnecessarily, leaving more for the important things in life.
      Aren't rich people rich because they don't care about spending money unnecessarily? What you describe is nothing more than middle class common sense.

Comment

No. People who have lots of money, and spend unnecessarily end up poor. To stay rich, spend less.

It's only the middle classes who wouldn't be seen dead in Kwiksave. The true upper class don't give a toss what people think.

Comment

No. People who have lots of money, and spend unnecessarily end up poor. To stay rich, spend less.
          I reckon Chris Evans spends unnecessarily on cars. I don't think he'll ever end up poor though.

The true upper class don't give a toss what people think.
          That doesn't mean they're as likely to spend their money in kwik save though does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Real contractors go to Costco and buy bulk
            Real contractors buy the brewery
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Couldn't find pictures on the web so I have taken photos:

First (left hand) picture is of the markI carrier bag, a fair bit smaller than the mark II and stuffs in to a rectangular pouch (shown top left). I added a sling with judicious use of bowline, double bowline on a bight knots, and lashing for the handle. Picture also shows markII's pouch (top right of left hand picture). The second picture is of the markII carrier bag. No sling here as the carry handles are wide enough to slip over a shoulder, once the handles have been strengthened with a bit of sewing. It can be turned inside out to hide the kangaroo and logo.
              This looks like it's made of parachute material or similar, which is good as it's very strong but takes up very little space when folded up.

An alternative bag would be:

Reusable Bags and BPA Free Stainless Steel Drinks Bottles, UK and Europe : Environmentally Friendly Bags & Products : Onya Bags UK & Europe

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                This looks like it's made of parachute material or similar, which is good as it's very strong but takes up very little space when folded up.

An alternative bag would be:

Reusable Bags and BPA Free Stainless Steel Drinks Bottles, UK and Europe : Environmentally Friendly Bags & Products : Onya Bags UK & Europe

The handle looks pretty tough. One made out of kevlar or carbon nano tubes would be cool (and thin, strong and cobwebby).

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  It gets kinda serious when you have to carry your cargo of booze safely from the checkout to the car and hence to the house.

Do you trust the freebies or the subsidised in-store efforts or bring your own?

A very worthy thread in my opinion.
                  Memories of a mega shop shortly after buying my first house, and i was walking.

It was about a mile from the nearest proper supermarket and I was just 200 yards from home when both bags emptied themselves on the road.

Wrapped up the valuable stuff by taking my coat off and fastening it to make an improvised bag, knotting the arms to make a handle. Went back for the rest as fast as I could, and fortunately nobody had nicked it or run over it.

Dusted off the frame rucksack for the next mega shop.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    The tesco super mega ultra large bags are the best - 2 of them is enough for a month's shopping and they are easy to carry. Unlike the plastic ones that nearly cut your fingers off whenever they weigh over 1kg.
                    Gardening gloves are the answer to that.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      I reckon Chris Evans spends unnecessarily on cars. I don't think he'll ever end up poor though...
                      You think it's unnecessary spend, but that's because you are poor.

Comment

Working...
                      X