• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I finally got round to reading.......1984

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    Brilliant. I've read it too. It's hilarious the way he pulls apart convoluted writing styles that ramble on but say nothing in particular or just confuse the reader.
    I believe with total commitment that this book may be, or on the other hand, perhaps not be , the Literary cornerstone of Mr Blairs political education, notwithstanding other possible facts which maybe , known or as yet unknown by the aforementioned.

I think Im correct in saying this, this is to say,let me make it perfectly clear, to the best of my knowledge at this moment in time, taking into account the previous remarks on this topic.

Where can the Horizon lie
    When a nation hides its organic growth
    In a cellar dark and grim

Comment

And here I was thinking that Blairs style of politics was all down to the fact he trained as a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        Where can the Horizon lie
        When a nation hides its organic growth
        In a cellar dark and grim
        They must be very dim.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X