• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disabled facilities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinto
    privateeye,

may I ask why you go through the extra effort of placing an apostrophe in the word "cameras"?
    yes you can

Comment

Originally posted by janey
      I guess I'm just a bit sceptical about the whole camera as a deterent ploy
      Well 25% of all the CCTV cameras in the world are in the UK so naturally crime rates are tumbling here due to their well known and indisputable deterent value.

Oh, I see what you mean.

Comment

I guess I'm just a bit sceptical about the whole camera as a deterent ploy
        The camera does work and I use it for my own protection when threatened with violence on a job. Threatening people calm down significantly when told that every move is being beamed from me to the locked boot of the car - and which car they do not know.

Comment

Can I just point out that I've managed to contribute to a thread without the whole thread tumbling into chaos and innuendo!!!

"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
            The camera does work and I use it for my own protection when threatened with violence on a job. Threatening people calm down significantly when told that every move is being beamed from me to the locked boot of the car - and which car they do not know.
            so you carry a camera around with you?

Comment

yes you can
              Thank you. I only wondered because you made the decision between using and not using the apostrophe in your sentence.

"...back up the camera's. Its no use..."

You're nearly there. Just swap the rules.

HTH

Comment

Can I just point out that I've managed to contribute to a thread without the whole thread tumbling into chaos and innuendo!!!

shhhhsh - you'll start it off again

Comment

shhhhsh - you'll start it off again

<whispers> it's ok I think everyone has gone home </whispers>

Comment

so you carry a camera around with you?
                    When I do PI work yes definately - not when on a normal contract though. In case you haven't grasped it or read it elsewhere I am also a Professional Investigator so get involved in other things not so boring.

Comment

When I do PI work yes definately - not when on a normal contract though. In case you haven't grasped it or read it elsewhere I am also a Professional Investigator so get involved in other things not so boring.
                      yeh I have seen that mentioned else where, hadn't thought about that aspect of your work... all makes sense now

Comment

Working...
                      X