• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the **** does this work then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the **** does this work then?

From the beeb.
    Maths was never my strong point but all the figures are up but crime as a whole is stable, maybe they ignored a few thousand speeding fines to level the overall picture.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4949878.stm

Robberies up 6% but crime stable

There were nearly 1.4 million recorded crimes in late 2005

The number of robberies committed between October and December last year was up 6% on the same period a year earlier, the Home Office has said.

Quarterly crime statistics for England and Wales also showed that drug offences rose 21%, sex offences were up 3% and violent crime up 1%.

However, the report said overall reported crime showed no overall change when comparing the two periods. There were 1,377,100 recorded offences during the last three months of 2005. This was stable, as in the previous quarter recorded offences had fallen 1% to 1.37m incidents.

I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

You missed the "Domestic burglary fell by 4% and fraud and forgery by 22%" part.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
      You missed the "Domestic burglary fell by 4% and fraud and forgery by 22%" part.
      So the bad guys are moving out of customer facing type roles, moving up the value chain and training up in preparation for the launch of the National ID card.

Nice to see at least some in the UK have their finger on the pulse.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X