• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NUnit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUnit

Well, I finally decided to start using NUnit for automated testing of my key libraries as its becoming way too easy to make mistakes in one of the code paths that will only be apparent after many days of processing are over.

NUnit is great

Yes NUnit is great.

It's the whole test driven development thingy really.

Also, NDoc for generating nice documentation from your XML code comments (you ARE using XML comments aren't you?) and Nant to automate the build of projects that have lots of assemblies.

Comment

comments

Yeah I am adding XML comments now, its fairly easy even though in my experience those fecking XML generated docs are useless -- feckers write obvious stuff but avoid writing the real deal. MSDN .NET docs are a piece of crap. :rolleyes

Don't need NANT yet, but I reached the level when automated testing is essential -- for core libraries that is, there is way too much stuff depends on them so its important to make sure changes don't feck things up in a subtle way.

Comment

Working...
      X