• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teresa May resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On radio 5 live right now in parliament, not getting an easy ride.

Comment

It's a brave minister who destroys the career of a top civil servant without bothering to hear his side of the story first. She has misjudged this quite badly I think.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        It's a brave minister who destroys the career of a top civil servant without bothering to hear his side of the story first. She has misjudged this quite badly I think.
        WHS

She should resign now, she now looks like a coward who sacrifices her underlings to save her own arse.

Comment

I'll be disappointed if she doesn't resign, I thought we'd got rid of new labour's mismanagement of our borders.

But I suppose this dispute has to run its course first, ho hum.

Comment

Perhaps the problem originates a bit higher up than Therasa May. The public face of the government being that of wish to control immigration while the real face is to let any begger in in unlimited and uncounted quantities.

Comment

I suspect that releasing an official paper trail to the papers rather than via the proper channels would count as gross misconduct.
              I am sure you are correct. However, if after 40 years of service he has no inkling just how to get his point forcefully across without breaching guidelines, that would be very surprising.

He can't "fiercely defend" his position because it's been taken away from him without him being given the opportunity to do so.
              And besides, if he were to do that he may have to continue working a few more years before receiving his gold-plated pension. No, this way he gets everything given to him early on a nice silver platter courtesy of Theresa. Or at least that is probably what his Union adviser has told him.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                I am sure you are correct. However, if after 40 years of service he has no inkling just how to get his point forcefully across without breaching guidelines, that would be very surprising.

And besides, if he were to do that he may have to continue working a few more years before receiving his gold-plated pension. No, this way he gets everything given to him early on a nice silver platter courtesy of Theresa. Or at least that is probably what his Union adviser has told him.
                As a senior Civil Servant he will be silenced by a number of factors not the least of which will be the Official Secrets Act. She has Parliamentary privilege to hide behind.
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                  As a senior Civil Servant he will be silenced by a number of factors not the least of which will be the Official Secrets Act. She has Parliamentary privilege to hide behind.
                  Chief executive of the UK Borders Agency Rob Whiteman said he had suspended Mr Clark after he had admitted last week to authorising staff to go further than ministerial instruction, on a number of occasions."In my opinion it was right for officials to have recommended the pilot so that we focus attention on higher risks to our border, but it is unacceptable that one of my senior officials went further than was approved," he added.
                  Probably for the best if they both chuck it, May and Clark. Donkeys led by donkeys if you ask me.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                    Chief executive of the UK Borders Agency Rob Whiteman said he had suspended Mr Clark after he had admitted last week to authorising staff to go further than ministerial instruction, on a number of occasions.
                    It seems likely that this is a case of misinterpretation with Clark being asked "did you authorise X" and saying "yes" (because it was in fact an approved procedure that has been in place since 2008/2009) and it being interpreted as "yes we authorised X which was something we just made up that wasn't approved by Theresa May". The problem here is that May comes across as having no idea what standard procedure actually was.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      She would be taking a huge risk if it had not been, with little to gain if her facts are wrong.
                      Well, she got away with it about the cat story, so why not this one as well?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X