• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Revenue boss faces investigation over EDS deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenue boss faces investigation over EDS deal

http://www.accountancyage.com/accoun...tions-eds-deal

David Varney, head of HM Revenue & Customs, is expected to be questioned today by the Treasury Select Committee over allegations of a secret deal between his department and US IT contractor, EDS.

Michael Fallon, Tory MP and a member of the parliamentary committee, called for the inquiry after details emerged of a settlement, which will enable the Revenue to claw back about £30m of legal compensation owed to it, only if EDS wins new public sector contracts.

The Times reported that only some of the £71m out-of-court settlement over the tax credits system debacle is guaranteed with the rest to be paid back in the form of a percentage of the work of future government contracts won by EDS both from Revenue & Customs and other departments.

Fallon said the deal undermined the 'fair' process for handing out lucrative government contracts.

The Revenue insisted its settlement with EDS would not influence future procurement processes.

The NAO is believed to be considering investigating the matter.

www.laboursleaze.com
    Vieze Oude Man

Makes no difference.

No one will be sacked, no one will resign and the drones will vote the shower back in next time.

Can we talk about Janeys bum now please?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Makes no difference.

No one will be sacked, no one will resign and the drones will vote the shower back in next time.

Can we talk about Janeys bum now please?

OI!!! what the feck is it about my bum that's got you all talking about it?!!!

"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Is the NAO investigating it...?

(ok, now it's all going to degenerate into Viz and The Bottom Inspectors methinks)
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

When Mrs Vet was alive (she passed away 2 year ago now), she had a lovely bum.

It was a lovely as when I first set eyes on it when I was 21, and she 18, as it was when I was 63 and she 60.

That old bum of hers served her well, and throughout our married life, it was like a special friend...it was there every night in bed, and always got a goodnight squeeze. During the day, it would be gently touched, as a sign of affection. Love the woman...love the bum.

Now both are gone, and I see all these skimpy young bums all over the place, many tanned and pert, with mischevious tattoos poking out of threadbare smalls, and I can't help but long to squeeze the best bum in the world, the only one that really mattered, which is no longer here.

Comment

Old bloke obsessed with womes arses =

You are Xog and I claim my fiver.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Don't forget to declare 'Naming Xoggoth's Arse' on your Self Assement return for the relevant time period....
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

He's only done 8 posts and I like this fella already.

PS Any pictures of the wife's bum by any chance ?

Comment

Is there something Dirty going on that I need to be informed about ?

Please pop it in a report and shove it through my letterbox.

Comment

Obviously he didnt know

Looks like the gravy train was a bit longer than what he ralised , fancy leaving the parliamentary comitee out of the backhander process , must be new to the job

Comment

Working...
                    X