• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go Greek for a week channel 4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I wanted to +ve rep you for that one but.....
    Funny, Sasguru complains that the general public are morons who believe in the stereotypes peddled by the media, then he comes out with an insult that a Brickie would see as moronic and cretinous. you couldn't make it up!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      So did everyone else in Europe. No European country has a healthy debt/GDP ratio.
      We used to in the late 90s.(have a health debt/gdp ration that is)
      Greece 130-140% (depending on source)
      UK 76%

Not really the same is it.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Greece 130-140% (depending on source)
        UK 76%

Not really the same is it.
        You have to understand maths isn't Sas's strong point. Dribbling saliva is what he excels at.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          You have to understand maths isn't Sas's strong point. Dribbling saliva is what he excels at.
          Ah you hirsute-woman lover
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

So did everyone else in Europe. No European country has a healthy debt/GDP ratio.
            We used to in the late 90s.(have a health debt/gdp ration that is)
            Indeed, and many people were lulled into a false sense of security; house prices rose, interest rates were low, the economy seemed to be growing, there were jobs aplenty and people were earning money and enjoying new found wealth; in those circumstances nobody wanted to listen to the warnings during the boring bits of the news (and I must admit, neither did I usually). Everybody was delighted if taxes fell, and most of us do our best to avoid paying one more penny in tax than we absolutely have to; nothing wrong with that, but bear in mind what the consequences can be if everyone gets away with that and a country, like Greece, has an ineffective and corrupt tax system.

I clearly remember both David Cameron and Vince Cable warning several years ago, well before the credit bust and while Tony B Liar was prime minister, that Mr Brown was running a 'credit card economy' and that it would all end in tears; nobody took much notice except Gordon Brown (who studied 'History of the Labour Party) who told Mr Cable (who has a PhD in Economics), quite literally 'you don't know what you're talking about'. Nobody took much notice. In election campaigns the Conservatives repeatedly warned that the public sector growth and the growing personal and public debt would cause trouble further down the line, yet people put Labour in power three times in a row.

So have the Greek voters done anything more stupid that the British electorate (or indeed some of the Greek voters and some of the British voters)? I don't think so; I think they've been shafted by the same people, in the same way, for the same reasons but just a little bit more effectively.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I am greek - but my wife is British :-

Panayiotis Lamprou: the casual power of an intimate portrait | Art and design | guardian.co.uk

Some might consider this NSFW. Definetly NSFW of you expand the picture.
              Last edited by BrilloPad; 8 November 2011, 12:05. Reason: marked NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                NSFW.
                Lucky I have my own office.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

NSFW.
                  Lucky I have my own office.
                  Apologies. I have updated the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I've come to the conclusion that it's really quite easy to 'keep the people stupid' because most people actually want to be stupid; it's so much easier than researching the facts and circumstances and coming to some understanding of complex situations.
                    Yes make an education system that doesn't teach and you produce sheep willing to believe anything said by the elites. I could rail off a number of countries which we complain about daily where that happens. Politics appears to be the same pretty much everywhere.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X