• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Throwaway' ticketing on airlines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When I was commuting regularly to the UK, I bought one ticket CH-UK-CH start date monday of start of contract, end date friday of end of contract. Then I bought tickets Friday-Mon UK-CH-UK. Much cheaper.
    This is another thing thats not allowed in the t+cs for most airlines if you check....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
      Yip, loads of times. I worked for a Thomson once and the reason for doing this is absolutely crazy, but it's ingrained in their systems.
      No-one ever get charged the extra then?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        This is another thing thats not allowed in the t+cs for most airlines if you check....
        Did it for three months. Never had a query. (Swiss International Airlines). It did help that I had a UK address for the UK-CH-UK leg. At one client site, the secretary was adept at back-to-backs. Saved the company a fortune - again, never a niggle.

Thing is, there's no throwaway. All legs are used.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Did it for three months. Never had a query. (Swiss International Airlines). It did help that I had a UK address for the UK-CH-UK leg. At one client site, the secretary was adept at back-to-backs. Saved the company a fortune - again, never a niggle.

Thing is, there's no throwaway. All legs are used.
          I think they call that overlapping/staggered fares and, strictly speaking, it aint allowed either because in effect what you're doing is avoiding paying the higher fare by making it look like your travel spans the weekend.

Not saying I wouldnt do it mind - I definitely would. Looks like the airlines dont check these things as you demonstrate.

Comment

Working...
          X