• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Magnolia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done the same, although with one eye on selling. kitchen + dining room are in Papyrus, kind of off white to mix it up.
    Goes with everything, makes place look cosy but spacious, white can be a bit cold, easily painted over for dirty marks, kids etc.
    Theres a reason they do new houses in this. Any time I have tried to be a 'bit fancy' with colours it ends up looking s**t. Can always brighten up with pics etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      White. Ish.
      yes, well that'll do for me. ish.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I thought Richart E Grant was in a film with Magnolia in the title. But upon reflection that film was Keep the Aspidistra flying

If aspidistra is another colour, have you considered painting your house with that? The film was quite good.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Nah.

It's difficult getting the streaks in the paint.

And even more difficult getting the dots:

Use large bristled brush on a cold day should get the streaks.

I can manage the spread pattern for the dots!
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

In 1998 I chose Dulux "Wild Primrose" which was a purer yellow than magnolia, which has a beige/brownish tinge. I wanted a pure light yellow.

(There must be something wrong with my monitor, when I google that it shows me colours that look more beige than yellow, nothing like my walls. Hang on, when I move the window from one monitor to the other, the colour changes completely. I guess the moral of the story is, don't shop on-line for colours.)

Magnolia is also a bit to common, it's what builders always use when they don't use white.
            Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 8 November 2011, 15:55.

Comment

All over Magnolia is fine for a BTL, but Magnolia plus some feature colour on one of the walls is better.

Natural Whicker is a nice alternative.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                All over Magnolia is fine for a BTL, but Magnolia plus some feature colour on one of the walls is better.

Natural Whicker is a nice alternative.
                I had something like that on one wall, Hessian or something it was called. Looked very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Loved his Magnetic and big helmet personality. A true super villian.

Anyone else have a big helmet and magnetic personality?
                  Some here have a repulsive personality, that could be magnetism.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I have googled 'magnolia' and found this flower;

It is white, so stop acting like a bunch of big girls' blouses and call it white.
                  Beige Mich. Men know about beige because of all the computers.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X