• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon.com cock up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Yes, I think if you're going to use it to read books for long periods, the display is where it has the advantage over a tablet.
    And what about bright sunlight, sand and moisture? I only ever read on holiday. (Well I used to BK).
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Are they people who read books anyway? I don't imagine it would turn a non-reader into a reader.
      Yeah all book readers but once the novelty wore off that was it, back to real books.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        And what about bright sunlight, sand and moisture? I only ever read on holiday. (Well I used to BK).
        Sunlight is supposedly where it is great. Dunno about sand / moisture. My recently holiday I had a case half full of books and really wished I'd had one.

Comment

Sunlight is supposedly where it is great. Dunno about sand / moisture. My recently holiday I had a case half full of books and really wished I'd had one.
          The display is very readable in direct sunlight etc. It really is very good.

Moral of the story is don't treat the Kindle like a £5.99 paperback. Accidents happen, it's not waterproof, but then neither is a book.

I'd like a version with two displays in a slim clamshell desigh so that it's actually like reading a book with left and right pages, I'd like more information on the screens.

The resolution is quite good too.

Comment

The only complaint I've heard other some than being broken is lack of a backlight for reading in the dark.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              The only complaint I've heard other some than being broken is lack of a backlight for reading in the dark.
              You can always by a light that plugs into the USB port on th Kindle.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                You can always by a light that plugs into the USB port on th Kindle.
                I have the Kindle app on my Xoom which is just fine for me, no plans to buy the hardware.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  I have the Kindle app on my Xoom which is just fine for me, no plans to buy the hardware.
                  I have kindle on my phone, Android tablet, and on 2 PCs.

Sorry, that sounded like one-upmanship, it wasn't supposed to be.

It just means that I can access the e-books where and when I need to.

Comment

My recently holiday I had a case half full of books and really wished I'd had one.
                    I don't understand why people go on holiday and take loads of books. One, at push, in case you're held up at the airport.

I go on holiday to 'do' things and go places, not just sit and read - I can do that at home.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      I have kindle on my phone, Android tablet, and on 2 PCs.
                      On the phone too but haven't bothered installing on the PC's. I was a bit miffed with the first book I bought which had the graphs and diagrams missing, a bit pointless.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X