• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Numpties, dead wood, column dodgers etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Anybody else want to educate the pig?
    And you carried on the insults
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      And you carried on the insults
      It was a metaphor, reading between the lines the more intelligent members of the forum will have already realised that trying to talk to you is like trying to educate pork.

Comment

Yip every week I submit a report and raise the issues and risks. Then I see the master report with my issues and risks omitted. So I have a full email trail of all the reports I have sent so I can prove I have raised the risks and issues in plenty of time. I have plenty of CYA in place.
        Cool, then repeat after me, "Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate..."

Keep invoicing until it's canned or brought under control.

If your conscience pricks you sufficiently, go to confession but above all, head down, invoice.

Oh, and stop helping the numpties, you are only fuelling the fire and staving off the inevitable.

Comment

It was a metaphor, reading between the lines the more intelligent members of the forum will have already realised that trying to talk to you is like trying to educate pork.

I'm borrowing that.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
            Cool, then repeat after me, "Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate, Day rate..."

Keep invoicing until it's canned or brought under control.

If your conscience pricks you sufficiently, go to confession but above all, head down, invoice.

Oh, and stop helping the numpties, you are only fuelling the fire and staving off the inevitable.
            Roger that Tractor. All of that is in place. I didn't start this thread for advice on the topic as I feel I have everything under control and I'm just waiting for the balloon to go up. Rather I was after some anecdotes from other posters of projects they have worked on with oxygen thieves and the fallout that ensued.

Comment

Roger that Tractor. All of that is in place. I didn't start this thread for advice on the topic as I feel I have everything under control and I'm just waiting for the balloon to go up. Rather I was after some anecdotes from other posters of projects they have worked on with oxygen thieves and the fallout that ensued.

I gave you some advice.

You're f*cked, your head is above the parapet and you're becoming the unwitting author of your own demise.

Comment

I gave you some advice.

You're f*cked, your head is above the parapet and you're becoming the unwitting author of your own demise.
                I didn't start the thread to get advice

So, now that you have crapped all over my thread would you mind explaining yourself?

Shall we start with :

What the **** is an ACM?
                Why am I ****ed?
                How did I become the author of my demise?

In that order. Take your time now, wipe the rabid foam from your chin and then start answering them.

Comment

I didn't start the thread to get advice

So, now that you have crapped all over my thread would you mind explaining yourself?

Shall we start with :

What the **** is an ACM?
                  Why am I ****ed?
                  How did I become the author of my demise?

In that order. Take your time now, wipe the rabid foam from your chin and then start answering them.
                  I don't spend my time helping the dead wood in a project, sink or swim.

Comment

I don't spend my time helping the dead wood in a project, sink or swim.
                    Great, so you've got some anecdotes to share about dead wood getting tulip canned?

Comment

Great, so you've got some anecdotes to share about dead wood getting tulip canned?
                      Only about £469 million worth...

Comment

Working...
                      X