• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Islamic Republic of Libya

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    With all the uprisings across the region I would not be surprised to see a league of Islamic states appearing, or even an Islamic super state across North Africa.
    Caliphate, surely?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Yeeurghhh!!!

Who would want to live in a country where one sect of a particular religion gets preferential status?

Oh hang on........wait a minute.....

Those times are past now...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Yeeurghhh!!!

Who would want to live in a country where one sect of a particular religion gets preferential status?

Oh hang on........wait a minute.....

I presume you're referring to the preferential treatment protestants get over catholics in England
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I presume you're referring to the preferential treatment protestants get over catholics in England
          There are laws to prevent that kind of thing in Northern Ireland. But then again these morons are living 30 years in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The time to start worrying is when Granada becomes an Islamic Republic.

It didn't end well the last time that happened.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              I said this when the Western numbnuts attacked Iraq that, as abhorrent as it is, they would be better off keeping Saddam in place and working with or coercing him rather than deposing him. Same with Libya.
              Me too. Saddam worked against al Quaeda.

And I thought the same with Egypt.

Comment

Islamic Sharia law can hardly be a tolerant democracy can it? Democracy means that all have an equal say in direction of society, not just male Muslim clerics. This "Arab Spring" is all going just as many of said it would and it was pretty predictable, except to our idiot leaders.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Islamic Sharia law can hardly be a tolerant democracy can it? Democracy means that all have an equal say in direction of society, not just male Muslim clerics. This "Arab Spring" is all going just as many of said it would and it was pretty predictable, except to our idiot leaders.

On the one hand - if the people of Libya had a referendum and agrred to have an Islamic state that is fine - but the idea that this is being imposed without any consultation is a concern - given the uK has piad 1.75 Billion to oust Gaddaffi - fo this >?

Any comments for those who were very pro Libyan War - still happy ?

Comment

Personally, I'm more worried about the Islamic Republic of TOWER HAMLETS!!

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                      Personally, I'm more worried about the Islamic Republic of TOWER HAMLETS!!
                      Why?

Comment

Working...
                      X