• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your home town

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to go back to my home town but there isn't the work there on a regular basis.

I go passed the junction for it every time I visit current cientco.

I'm tempted to book a hotel there and see what its like instead of stopping closer to clientco.

Comment

I have a problem defining what my "home town" is.

Yorkshire will always be my home, even though I'm not from Yorkshire and now live in Lancashire.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I grew up in East London and moved away in my early 20's. 30 years on it's not a place I recognise any more. Going back and living there would be unthinkable.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Yorkshire will always be my home, even though I'm not from Yorkshire
          Now there is a statement that requires some quantification.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I was born in a village in South Wales (Llanmartin) to Scottish parents, who left Wales and moved back to Scotland when I was only three weeks old. Amazingly, they took me with them too

So, I have no idea where my hometown is, have never seen it and don't even know if I've spelled it correctly !

It does mean though, that despite being Scottish, I have a Welsh birth certificate.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              I was born in a village in South Wales (Llanmartin) to Scottish parents, who left Wales and moved back to Scotland when I was only three weeks old. Amazingly, they took me with them too

So, I have no idea where my hometown is, have never seen it and don't even know if I've spelled it correctly !

It does mean though, that despite being Scottish, I have a Welsh birth certificate.

Best of both worlds then really!

Llanmartin, unfortunately, counts as Zooport. Unless you were born at home I'd guess you were born at the Royal Gwent though.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Best of both worlds then really!

Llanmartin, unfortunately, counts as Zooport. Unless you were born at home I'd guess you were born at the Royal Gwent though.
                Don't think Gwent had been thought of in 1963 mate It was County Monmouth Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Don't think Gwent had been thought of in 1963 mate It was County Monmouth Hospital.
                  OK Fair point. didnt know it was called that though.

Only recent resident of Zooport me. Blessed with being born and bred in the valleys.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I have a problem defining what my "home town" is.

Yorkshire will always be my home, even though I'm not from Yorkshire and now live in Lancashire.
                    Yorkshire. Yorkshit:e. Just spend a week up there. Most unfriendly people in the Country. If you don't want tourists, don't open tea rooms FFS.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Yorkshire. Yorktulipe. Just spend a week up there. Most unfriendly people in the Country. If you don't want tourists, don't open tea rooms FFS.

Weee doyn't be loikin dem toooorists roynd deez 'ere paaaarts.......

Comment

Working...
                      X