• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel dirty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a bastard the OP is.

I'd always take the hit over stitching someone else up.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Clientco's e-commerce director calls me upstairs for a 'quick chat'. So up I go to the top floor, sit down and he does the small talk. Then he comes to the point; 'the budget is running out quickly and <Contractorname>'s contract runs out at the end of this month. I want to keep you on for testing until the end of the year but I need budget to do it. Do you need him for your test team?' I thought for a moment and then said 'no, he's very knowledgeable but his knowledge can be transferred to the new permie guy'.

My contract runs 'till end of november with verbal extension 'till end of december.

Am I a complete tuliphead or is this just the harsh reality of 'bizziniss'?
      Sounds like a tuliphole if they are playing off the contractors against each other. Wonder what others are being asked to say about you?

You don't have to feel dirty but don't expect to do any serious engineering either in a paranoid environment like that.
      Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
        but don't expect to do any serious engineering
        As a tester, is that not a given

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I think I am now an office bastard.

Clientco's e-commerce director calls me upstairs for a 'quick chat'. So up I go to the top floor, sit down and he does the small talk. Then he comes to the point; 'the budget is running out quickly and <Contractorname>'s contract runs out at the end of this month. I want to keep you on for testing until the end of the year but I need budget to do it. Do you need him for your test team?' I thought for a moment and then said 'no, he's very knowledgeable but his knowledge can be transferred to the new permie guy'.

My contract runs 'till end of november with verbal extension 'till end of december.

Am I a complete tuliphead or is this just the harsh reality of 'bizziniss'?
          Verbal extentions no good. Best to get the contract (and don't sign it). Cli. Co. takes the ****, contractor takes the ****

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            As a tester, is that not a given
            Oi!
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
            X