• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of contracting as we know it for suity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Don't know whether it should be a or a

Not worth sticking at something that's making you unhappy IMO.
    Getting battered, posting drivel on here and then chucking it in? Not my best idea.

At least the PM knows that when I raise concerns, and risks to the project I'm not kidding.

Constructive crisis talks with PM ongoing.

Suity in bellend mode. Again.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So, this morning the towel was 'chucked in' and you've spent the day in 'crisis talks' with the PM.

You might want to brush your teeth to take some of the taste away fella.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Good grief Charlie Brown.

Can you do the needful and PM me the client details. Sounds like the client has had a cowboy in and now need the sheriff to come and sort them out. I've got a spare week to turn it around for them.
        Impressive that just as the cowboy arrived the Indians did one.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Getting battered, posting drivel on here and then chucking it in? Not my best idea.

At least the PM knows that when I raise concerns, and risks to the project I'm not kidding.

Constructive crisis talks with PM ongoing.

Suity in bellend mode. Again.
          If you played the "I'm leaving card" to the pm to raise concerns then fair play and hopefully something good will come out of it.

If you are so unhappy then what good can the crisis talks' bring ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            If you played the "I'm leaving card" to the pm to raise concerns then fair play and hopefully something good will come out of it.

If you are so unhappy then what good can the crisis talks' bring ?
            Good intelligent question that

All concerns were raised repeatedly over several weeks. The stock response was usually "well that's contracting for you"

After several weeks of things getting worse, I eventually caved. Now these concerns are being taken more seriously.

As for what good the crisis talks will do? Potentially nothing, which is why this is only a stay of execution for two weeks. In effect the towel goes back in, in two weeks if all the positive talk turns out to be more rhetoric than pragmatic.

Worse case I earn 2 more weeks money.

Best case, the project just got put back into the real world and we stand a glimmer of a chance of delivering something.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Good intelligent question that

All concerns were raised repeatedly over several weeks. The stock response was usually "well that's contracting for you"

After several weeks of things getting worse, I eventually caved. Now these concerns are being taken more seriously.

As for what good the crisis talks will do? Potentially nothing, which is why this is only a stay of execution for two weeks. In effect the towel goes back in, in two weeks if all the positive talk turns out to be more rhetoric than pragmatic.

Worse case I earn 2 more weeks money.

Best case, the project just got put back into the real world and we stand a glimmer of a chance of delivering something.
              Hardball Suity, hardball !! I like what you did there.

Now, tomorrow, go in there with your special arse-kicking shoes on and lay down some law.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Hardball Suity, hardball !! I like what you did there.

Now, tomorrow, go in there with your special arse-kicking shoes on and lay down some law.

He would do, but those arse-kicking shoes still have dog turd on from the last time he went out with them on, so he's either got to scrape it all off with a spoon before going in, or using his customary flip flops.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He would do, but those arse-kicking shoes still have dog turd on from the last time he went out with them on, so he's either got to scrape it all off with a spoon before going in, or using his customary flip flops.
                  MF

Comment

Turn it up guv'nor. Suity is f**kin' hardcore.

When he finally leaves this project (delivered, on time, under budget) the men will cheer and the girls will cry.

The new Suity is emerging here and you, for one, should be very, very afraid !!
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Turn it up guv'nor. Suity is f**kin' hardcore.

When he finally leaves this project (delivered, on time, under budget) the men will cheer and the girls will cry.

The new Suity is emerging here and you, for one, should be very, very afraid !!
                      In my little bubble you completely mean this

Comment

Working...
                      X