• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rating Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew, for a minute I thought they were talking about banning recruitment agencies
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Phew, for a minute I thought they were talking about banning recruitment agencies
      Oh dear, lost your "Consultancy" status?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Is it 'coz you is too old?
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          The truth, like a paddle, hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            I don't have a pension.

The governmin will fix that for you by making it illegal not to have one soon. Just so they can raid it later, or force you to pay for your own pension so they can cancel the state pension, despite all those NI payments.

It's already started:

Employers' guide to 2012 pension reform | This is Money

The government is set to introduce compulsory workplace pensions from 2012.

Initially, smaller businesses with fewer staff need not to worry, because the reform be carried out in stages.

Only employers with over 30,000 staff will be forced by law to offer their workers a company pension scheme in 2012.

However, by 2013 any employer with more than 350 staff on its books will be obliged to set up and contribute into workplace plan for its employees.

And between 2014 and 2016, those employers with less than 350 staff will be subject to the same rules.

Employees will be auto-enrolled and can expect their company to put a minimum 3% of any earnings between £5,035 and £35,540 into each worker's fund.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Oh dear, lost your "Consultancy" status?
              Are'nt we being a bit cheeky today bowser?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Are'nt we being a bit cheeky today bowser?
                Just keeping you on your toes, old boy!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  The governmin will fix that for you by making it illegal not to have one soon. Just so they can raid it later, or force you to pay for your own pension so they can cancel the state pension, despite all those NI payments.

It's already started:

Employers' guide to 2012 pension reform | This is Money

Huv already stopped paying into mine a couple of years ago instead preferring to pay off the BTL.

I'm already forced to pay into a pension here in Germany but it's not much.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I'm already forced to pay into a pension here in Germany but it's not much.
                    Really? I don't (well a private one, not the state one.) They can't force you into a pension in Germany, I suggest going along to the BfA and having a word with them. They've got lots of pamphlets on what you must and can pay for. You do have to pay 6% of your income tax for the 'Neue Bundesländer' though
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X