• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK riots stats.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Did it mention Princess Di?

We made this!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Here's a particularly spiteful piece of Wail reporting;

Breakdown by ethnicity
      46% Black or mixed black background
      42% White
      7% Asian
      5% 'Other'

I'm not arguing about the statistics or the validity of measuring ethnic background, but I find it quite striking that the Wail chose to print ' Black or Mixed Black background' and 'Asian' in bold print and white and other in normal print. Are they trying to emphasize one group of people's role above another? If not, why do they need the selective use of bold print?
      When they list things every other one is bold, look at the table above it too
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Have I got my sums right:

If just over half were under 21 and 1 in 8 were on incapacity or disability benefits does that mean that 1 in 4 of the over 21 were on incapacity or disability benefits ?
          As it would be unsuall for an under 21 to be on incapacity or disability benefits

UK riots: One in eight defendants were on incapacity or disability benefits | Mail Online
          Also from the Wail - they were probably all drug addicts, alcoholics or obese.

Scandal of the 80,000 alcohol and drug addicts on sickness benefits | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            When they list things every other one is bold, look at the table above it too
            It must stick in the craw of leftie apologists these stats.

1/3 in benefits
            76% with a previous conviction
            26% previously jailed
            46% black
            20% in gangs

Very 'representitive' of the population as the lefties kept saying. 'Oh it's not just one group' blah blah

Personally I thought the % benefits would be higher and the conviction bit lower.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

1/3 in benefits
              26% previously jailed
              46% black
              20% in gangs

Very 'representitive' of the population as the lefties kept saying. 'Oh it's not just one group' blah blah

Personally I thought the % benefits would be higher and the conviction bit lower.
              A lot of them were born abroad too according to the Daily Express.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                A lot of them were born abroad too according to the Daily Express.
                **** me there's an echo in the bat-cave!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Have I got my sums right:

If just over half were under 21 and 1 in 8 were on incapacity or disability benefits does that mean that 1 in 4 of the over 21 were on incapacity or disability benefits ?
                  As it would be unsuall for an under 21 to be on incapacity or disability benefits
                  No. If 1/8 of them are on incapacity and half are under 21 then 1/8 of those under 21 could be seen as on incapacity.

Assuming an even spread of incapacity benefit claimants.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

1/3 in benefits
                    26% previously jailed
                    46% black
                    20% in gangs

What is 'lefty' about wanting statistics about the ethnic background of rioters to be represented in an unbiased fashion?

And what would that say about 'right winged' people?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      And what would that say about 'right winged' people?
                      They fly in circles??
                      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
                      X