• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phones4U

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Millboy
    I think that tarriff is £40 a month?? the half price aint bad but Phones4U or any other shop cant authorise any extra discounted months even if they have given wrong advise.. only money out of their till!!

Not sure on receiption coverage where you are but T-Mobile have just launched a new deal... £35 a month and you get a credit rather than mins or text.. you get £180 per month to spend on cross network calls, text message, voice mail and picture messages.. you simply eat away at the credit.

Each week you receive a text to say how much credit you have left.. basically you should never have a bill over £35 as long as you dont ring 0845 telephone banking lol

Otherwise good luck and make em squirm to keep you and see what they offer such as freebies lol

I had thought about t-mobile but did have concerns about their coverage.. I know when they were one-2-one years ago they had a reputation for being cr@p.
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

I got a PAYG vodaphone phone recently and their rules for porting numbers a rever tight.

It appears you can only port your number to them if you are PAYG and did NOT buy yhe phone from the in a store.

I cant find the details on their webtulipe.

Good luck Janey

MG

b tw raising your voise Really does work, and passing the occasional comment to other potential customers really gets their attention. I've dont it in Banks, SHops and Restaurants
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        I got a PAYG vodaphone phone recently and their rules for porting numbers a rever tight.

It appears you can only port your number to them if you are PAYG and did NOT buy yhe phone from the in a store.

I cant find the details on their webtulipe.

Good luck Janey

MG

b tw raising your voise Really does work, and passing the occasional comment to other potential customers really gets their attention. I've dont it in Banks, SHops and Restaurants

You been at the pop Mrs G? A little early for that isnt it?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          You been at the pop Mrs G? A little early for that isnt it?
          I'm a techie not an English teacher, or some large american car
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
            All irrelevant. There is a statutory minimum seven day cooling off period for all contracts, regardless of T&Cs.
            If you've signed a contract it is 10 days - just upgraded my phone at lunch and made a point of checking this after reading this thread and was shown it in writing. You are not just buying a phone but entering a financial agreement.

Comment

I wonder why they've suddenly started dubbing the american guys voice in the Phones 4 U adverts ? Its really annoying.

Comment

A mate of mine is a manager in Phones4U .
                The thing seems to be to take the phone back and say you have changed your mind, you will then be passed to the phones4u winback team who will keep offering incentives, up untill 11 months free on a 12 month contract. Their business model here is to keep getting the comission from the phone opperater even after the 12 months is up. If you change at the end of each contrcat then the phones shops make nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord
                  A mate of mine is a manager in Phones4U .
                  The thing seems to be to take the phone back and say you have changed your mind, you will then be passed to the phones4u winback team who will keep offering incentives, up untill 11 months free on a 12 month contract. Their business model here is to keep getting the comission from the phone opperater even after the 12 months is up. If you change at the end of each contrcat then the phones shops make nothing.
                  damn wish I'd known that before I'd gone down there!
                  "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

janey

did you throw a did you stamp your feet or did you just play it ?

Comment

So, come on then, what happened at phones4u at lunchtime ?
                      You had me addicted to this thread all morning, and now I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms !
                      I need to know more ......

Comment

Working...
                      X