• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Christ...

I'm fifty and had I've had nowt, and I'm well unhealthy, 6' 4", well fat tho, 18 stone easy, and all flab, no muscle. Only thing I can remember is tonsils at 6, two bad car crashes (both of which I came out of unscathed), a bout of cellulitis, and worst for me, clinical depression circa 2003....

Added to that I usually expect a flu-type illness every year or so, but nothing since 2008, hardly even a cold.

Means I'll get the lot tomorrow...

I think, time to sort misen oot...
    Mine was a result of a motorbike accident. Other than that never had a day of sick then had 3 months off learning to walk properly again

Comment

Never had any sort of operation, never get ill apart from a slight sniffle and a bit under the weather feeling. This is probably because I just sit in my shed on my own all day staring at the wall.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

When my son was born by cesarian my ex's anaesthetist was called Mr Sleep!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          They normally call them gassers - while the surgeons are called slashers... mostly when out of earshot of patients though.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Thankfully he wasn't called Mr Shipman.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              They normally call them gassers - while the surgeons are called slashers... mostly when out of earshot of patients though.
              No, his actual name was Mr Sleep!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I had a sedative whilst having the camera down the the throat procedure (fortunately not from the other direction). I was completely out, and had no recollection of talking to the doctor afterwards although apparently I seemed awake and was asking questions. I got home mid-afternoon, closed my eyes for a moment whilst laying on the sofa, and woke up 15 hours later.

I've had a proper general anesthetic a couple of times, but it didn't have that kind of effect.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I had a GA when I my nose cartilage rebuilt after breaking it - forgot to tell them to straighten it at the same time. Also when I had my wisdom teeth done.

Had a couple of sedatives when doing the throat camera thingy.

Most unsettling was the "hot flush" drug they give you just prior to a MRI scan.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Only ever had a GA twice and both times I woke up strapped to the bed. It seriously didn't agree with me and I thrashed about so much they had to tie me down
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Only ever had a GA twice and both times I woke up strapped to the bed. It seriously didn't agree with me and I thrashed about so much they had to tie me down
                      You're much better with Rohypnol though.

Ooops...

Comment

Working...
                      X