• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead cat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Always call the council. They are used to this, they will come and collect it, scan it and notify the owner. Do not just bury it etc.

Most cat owners know to call the council if their cat has gone missing and suspect it has been run over.
    If my cat went missing I am not sure I would think it was run over. I would suspect locked in shed/run off/chinese above that. And my number 1 suspect is injured in fight (you should see the size of foxes round our way) and hiding. Odd how cats will disappear when injured. Maybe they know they will be subjected to the vet?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Poor little guy

You could call the RSPCA, Cats Protection League etc, let them know you found a dead cat and give them a description .
      It probably belongs to one of your neighbours - do you feel up to knocking on a few doors? I'd certainly appreciate it, even if the news was bad.
      Bury the cat in your garden if nobody claims it today.
      WZS

Do check with your neighbours and the local cats protection should help out of the council are being carp.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Really?

That's news to me.
        It is now....
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Did you find the owner?

One of my facebook friends has just posted that her cat has been missing for 4 days. You're not in the Midlands are you...?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Did you find the owner?

One of my facebook friends has just posted that her cat has been missing for 4 days. You're not in the Midlands are you...?
            No, based in Berkshire.

My brother dropped off the cat at the local vets on Monday.

Apparently, the lady at the vets said they'd just had a call from someone asking about their lost cat - from the description given, it matched the cat I found.

Oh well, at least she'll what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              No, based in Berkshire.

Apparently, the lady at the vets said they'd just had a call from someone asking about their lost cat - from the description given, it matched the cat I found.

No fur gloves then.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                No, based in Berkshire.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                No fur gloves then.
                Davy Crockett hat - Shirley?

Comment

Working...
                X