• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ooops: Britain opens its doors to 3.5 million visitors from eastern Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops!! just missed this snippet from the non deportation of convicted criminals story

"In the mean time, the number of prisoners in England and Wales who were born overseas had increased sharply from 4,300 in 1996 to more than 10,000 at the end of February this year, he said. "

Comment

oh dear, a strategic role, shuffling paper and having lots of meetings

sounds like lots of fun

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        oh dear, a strategic role, shuffling paper and having lots of meetings

sounds like lots of fun

Milan.
        The meetings are quite interesting as they involve exactly what we are talking about - globalisation and our expansion into the Eastern European/Asian markets. When that happens, at least I will be making the decisions about where the developers/tape changers should come from.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

save space for me, the Benes pad will be finished next year

I always said you were a great bloke

Milan.

Comment

if there is a two speed Europe Britain is already in the basket with Germany and France.

Dipstick.

Milan.
            No it is not. Britain is the most EU friendly country of all. It has led the way where it really matters in free trade, property ownership and free movement of labour. However Britain is falling back towards Germany and France by virtue of its high taxes and over regulation in the business and labour markets.

Unfortunatly Milan you still see being "European" as something you say or by virtue of not having to change your money when you go abroad. The UK by deed believes more in the principles of the EU than any other country.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

if so,

why aren't they in the Euro ?

Because their cousins across the ocean won't let them join !

Milan.

Comment

if so,

Milan.

Because of the reasons that I have explained Milan, namely a lack of mobility in the workforce and the refusal of the French, Italians to comply by the principles of free trade. The Euro should benefit our economy and it will not if we join it. The Americans have nothing economically to worry about from Europe their priorities lie farther East.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

if so,

Milan.
                  Oh dear, Milan. Give it up. It's painful.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Oh dear, Milan. Give it up. It's painful.
                    I have had this diatribe with him before SAS and it is as you say quite frustrating that he does not have even a smidgeon of an understanding of economics.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                      I have had this diatribe with him before SAS and it is as you say quite frustrating that he does not have even a smidgeon of an understanding of economics.
                      But it is quite nice to watch how your arguments become honed with repetition.

smidgen
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X