• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got myself in trouble….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Bollocksed' is not profanity.

Leave my number on her desk, tell her if she wants to hear profanity, please call
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Called the organiser who is on the senior management team, and is incompetent at arranging meetings, and told her people will be too bollockes for this.
      Well, that was silly of you.

She then sends me an email asking me to not swear at her.
      Fine.

I then get another email sent to other people advising I am so upset at the prospect of a late evening meeting I am using multiple profanities at her.
      Well, that was silly of her.

I'd start talking to your HR department - complain of sexual harassment from her, so she gets the boot before you do.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Leave my number on her desk, tell her if she wants to hear profanity, please call
        I can do that too; it's a test management thing. Chapter 1; Test management methodologies, Chapter 2; test specification techniques Chapter 3; swearing at dickhead Project/Line managers.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I can do that too; it's a test management thing. Chapter 1; Test management methodologies, Chapter 2; test specification techniques Chapter 3; swearing at dickhead Project/Line managers.
          I skipped the first two chapters

Also didn't realise Ch 3 was so targetted !
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I skipped the first two chapters

Also didn't realise Ch 3 was so targetted !
            Oh yes, I target my profanities. There is a special appendix for swearing at reps from so-called ' system integrators' who think every defect should be called a 'change request', but that would be quite simply too obscene for publication.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              and pick up his P45 on the way out?
              Simply bitching to him is fine, but sending a snotty email around the office is unprofessional/unacceptable and he should call her on it one way or another or she knows she can bully him.

MF, you need to learn to stand up for yourself in the workplace.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nor is 'bollockes', whatever that means.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  Nor is 'bollockes', whatever that means.
                  I believe ****y bollocks is though.
                  Last edited by administrator; 21 October 2011, 19:24. Reason: CUK Thought Police
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I believe ****y bollocks is though.
                    That is the familiar form of what is quite acceptably a term of indearment.

Example :

Queen : One was supposed to be visiting Sandringham this weekend, but old ****y bollocks double booked us for a night out with Charles and Camilla.

Prince Phillip : Oh ffs she's orf again.
                    Last edited by administrator; 21 October 2011, 19:25. Reason: CUK Thought Police
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Go to the meeting. Interrupt and loudly state you will not tolerate such unprofessional behaviour as to send childish emails to other people rather than discuss with you face to face. Then storm out. Meeting avoided.
                      d000hg, your .sig is very conspicuous for people reading threads at clientco.

Could you consider replacing it with a full screen Excel spreadsheet, so no one will wonder what we are reading?

TIA
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X