• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B B B Benched????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why so many contractors don't get this stuff set in stone earlier than the last hour of the last day??
    If you are in a good role, and don't want to look for anything else, then it's worth waiting to see what the client wants to do. When I'm in contract, I don't deal with agents apart from to tell them when the contract expires, so they know not to bother me about "exciting opportunities".

At the end of the contract, if there is no extension, then I take a break and look for something new then.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I feel dirty and cheap now.
      Probably because you are.

HTH.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

As it happens, the extension was plan D. Plan C was do nothing for Xmas. Plan B was sledges for Xmas and Plan A is to secure something back in California. The reason I closed the shop was to open up a move to the US in the New Year. The US thing may still come off in the next week but it's not looking good just yet.

I've been saying for a month I wouldn't extend.

But to the point above, normally I start a month before the end.
        California is bust! Haven't you heard?

Comment

As it happens, the extension was plan D. Plan C was do nothing for Xmas. Plan B was sledges for Xmas and Plan A is to secure something back in California. The reason I closed the shop was to open up a move to the US in the New Year. The US thing may still come off in the next week but it's not looking good just yet.

I've been saying for a month I wouldn't extend.

But to the point above, normally I start a month before the end.
          B B B Bye

Comment

Working...
          X